The Cisco 7000 Family Channel Interface Processor (CIP) provides Enterprise System Connection (ESCON) connections to IBM and IBM-compatible mainframes.
- Offers high-performance SNA and TCP/IP networking for IBM and compatible mainframes.
- Eliminates the need to manage multiple dedicated mainframe channel controllers.
- Supports up to two ESCON channel connections.
- Supports standard IBM mainframe software.
- Offers the highest mix of wide-area network (WAN) and local-area network (LAN) interfaces.
- Provides improved mainframe access availability with the Cisco 7500 and Cisco 7000 high-availability platforms.
- Manageable by CiscoWorks 2000 and CiscoWorks Blue, reducing the overall cost of operations.
- Brings mainframe direct connection to the routed internetwork without requiring additional mainframe software.
- Supports multiple logical partition (LPAR) connections to the mainframe using ESCON Multiple Image Facility (EMIF)
(All Cisco Interface Processors End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices)