PDF(111.0 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:Dec 21, 2011
Version 2.0 of the Cisco® Services Ready Engine Virtualization (SRE-V) software for the Cisco Unified Computing System™ Express (Cisco UCS Express) provides full functional parity with VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0. As a result, customers with previous releases of Cisco SRE-V must upgrade their licenses in order to use the Cisco SRE-V 2.0 software.
How to Obtain SRE-V 2.0 Upgrade Licenses
Beginning January 4, 2012, all new orders for Cisco SRE-V licenses will ship with VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0 license activation codes or VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5.0 license keys if the licenses are ordered with the Cisco SRE hardware.
License keys issued prior to this date will not work when upgrading to Cisco SRE-V Release 2.0 or later, and must be exchanged for new license keys.
firstname.lastname@example.org to exchange your Cisco SRE-V Release 1.0, 1.1, or 1.5 license keys for Cisco SRE-V 2.0 license keys. In order to expedite the processing of your key exchange request, please include the following information in your email:
• Customer name
• Cisco sales representative
• Order fulfillment partner
• Order date
• Customer purchase order (PO) number or Cisco sales order (SO) number for the licenses purchased
Cisco SRE-V Releases 1.0, 1.1, and 1.5 can be migrated to Release 2.0. Customers must take the following steps to complete the migration:
• Exchange licenses as described in the previous section
• To migrate from version 1.0 or 1.1, be sure to specify the "argument keep-ds" option when installing the SRE-V 2.0 software using the Cisco IOS® Software command-line interface (CLI)
• To migrate from version 1.5, be sure to specify the "argument upgrade" option when installing the SRE-V 2.0 software using the Cisco IOS Software CLI
Note: Failure to follow the migration process above will result in the permanent deletion of all virtual machines (VMs) from the Cisco SRE module.