The Cloupia Unified Infrastructure Controller (CUIC) provides a single pane of glass for managing, provisioning, and orchestrating Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) infrastructure. Used with Cisco UCS Central Software, it aggregates the management of multiple Cisco UCS Manager domains and enables the movement of service profiles across infrastructure and data centers with point-and-click simplicity.
Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco UCS Manager
Cisco UCS Central Software
Cloupia Unified Infrastructure Controller for Cisco UCS Central Software
Figure 1. CUIC Provides Automation and Orchestration of Server Resources Across Cisco UCS Domains
• Autodiscovery and dashboards: CUIC automatically discovers and monitors all Cisco UCS components across multiple Cisco UCS domains, including chassis, servers, fabric interconnects, disks, fabric extenders, network adapters, fans, modules, and memory units. It also discovers the virtual environment within each set of Cisco UCS blade and rack-mount servers. A unified dashboard provides comprehensive, detailed, and correlated views into all Cisco UCS components. It also provides complete visibility into inventory and operations and licensing reports for all components. A role-based access model includes the detailed control required to limit access to specific roles.
• Cisco UCS service profiles management: A unified interface enables service orchestration across all Cisco UCS domains. Using CUIC, users can create and deploy Cisco UCS service profiles and templates to provision servers and other infrastructure to run specific applications. Service profiles can easily be migrated and replicated from one physical blade or rack-mount server to many others in different data centers, greatly simplifying service catalog development and enabling on-demand service delivery.
• Unified orchestration: Administrators can customize and automate Cisco UCS administrative and operations tasks using an easy-to-use workflow user interface. CUIC provides a built-in task library and user interface designer so that administrators can easily and visually design complex workflows. IT teams can build and run repeatable physical and virtual infrastructure provisioning workflows across Cisco UCS domains with Cisco UCS Central Software and Cisco UCS Manager without using complex custom scripts and expensive system integration specialists. The orchestrator helps standardize IT services, reduce downtime, and increase policy compliance.
• Analytics and reports: The CUIC provides real-time reporting of resource health and utilization status with visibility into physical and virtual infrastructure resource consumption for more efficient capacity planning. Unified management of computing, networking, and storage components across multiple Cisco UCS domains accelerates discovery and eliminates the tedious and error-prone process of manually correlating information about disparate system components. Administrators can quickly detect and remedy bottlenecks or outages that affect application performance and availability.
For More Information
• Cisco Unified Computing System: http://www.cisco.com/go/ucs
• Cisco UCS Central Software: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12502/index.html
• Cloupia Unified Infrastructure Controller: http://www.cloupia.com/en/unified-infrastructure-controller.htm