The Cisco Finesse
® desktop is the next-generation agent and supervisor desktop for Cisco
® Customer Collaboration solutions, providing easy access to the applications and information required by your customer service organization through a customizable web-based interface. It offers your customer care representatives an intuitive, easy-to-use desktop design to help improve their performance and satisfaction, in turn enhancing their ability to provide quality customer service.
For IT professionals, the Cisco Finesse desktop offers smooth integration with the Cisco Contact Center product portfolio. Standards-compliant, it offers low-cost customization of the agent and supervisor desktops.
The customer service group in your business or organization can handle thousands of inquiries from customers and prospects every day. It is up to your customer service representatives to respond quickly and efficiently with the information that customers request.
To operate efficiently and effectively, customer service representatives in your organization need to employ numerous different applications and have immediate access to a wealth of information. In the course of responding to your customers, representatives constantly switch between applications when searching for information. This process takes time - time that your customers spend waiting.
The Cisco Finesse solution meets this challenge by creating a personalized desktop work environment using a web-based interface. The Cisco Finesse desktop provides a single, customizable cockpit that enables your customer care representatives to take advantage of multiple assets and information sources to assist customers.
Fast, efficient, accurate service results in happy, satisfied, and loyal customers who will return to do business with you again. And it saves operational costs for your business.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco Finesse agent and supervisor desktop for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Contact Center Express integrates traditional contact center functions into a thin-client desktop. A critical characteristic is that every desktop is 100-percent browser-based and implemented through a Web 2.0 interface - no client-side installations are required, thus reducing your total cost of ownership (TCO). The Cisco Finesse desktop also provides a Web 2.0 software development kit (SDK) and gadgets to enable developers to get started quickly with implementing in your environment.
Table 1 lists the features and benefits of Cisco Finesse 10.0.
Table 1. Features and Benefits of Cisco Finesse 10.0
Thin-client gadget-based desktop
• Enables desktop development using industry standards, providing an easily customizable desktop user interface for Cisco Unified Contact Center agents and supervisors
• Offers contact center agents and supervisors access to the functions they need through OpenSocial gadgets, enabling enterprises to implement a thin contact center desktop with all the power and customization capabilities of traditional thick-client applications
Web 2.0 SDK
• Allows customers to create next-generation applications or integrations to Cisco Unified Contact Centers
• Offers a powerful, broadly applicable Web 2.0-based application programming interface (API) for use with gadget-based applications provided by Cisco with the SDK; custom-built gadget-based applications; third-party desktop applications; wallboard; and workforce management products
Open Web 2.0 APIs
• Simplify the development and integration of value-add applications by Cisco partners
• Open the traditionally closed or proprietary world of desktop applications
• Minimize the need for detailed desktop development expertise using APIs that hide the complexity of the underlying architecture and functions
• Enable Cisco partners to take advantage of pervasive web developer talent to create new and modify existing desktop gadget applications
Enterprise mash-up architecture
• Offers the ability to mash up contact center data and enterprise components using the Cisco Enterprise or Express Collaboration platform
• Offers the ability to combine Cisco Finesse agent and supervisor components with the transformational enterprise social software capabilities of the Cisco Collaboration platform to provide high-quality customer care
Call control gadget
• Allows both agents and supervisors complete call control including answer, hold, retrieve, conference, transfer, and end call. In addition, the phone book feature allows agents and supervisors to click to call from a directory
• Provides supervisors added control with barge and intercept
• Provides agents with screen pops containing customer information and provides wrap-up capabilities
Team performance gadget
• Shows supervisors the agent state, time in state, and extension of all agents that are on the supervisor's team
• Includes controls for supervisors to silent monitor the agent or change the state of the agent
• Shows supervisors the number of calls in queue, time of longest call in queue, and a list of the number of agents in each state across all queues; the queue gadget also supports Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise 9.0 precision queues
HTTP and Representational State Transfer (REST) API workflows
• The Cisco Finesse web administration allows easy configuration of complex screen pop actions based on the attributes of a call, allowing agents to provide improved service and reduce call times
Mobile agent support
• Allows agents to log into their Cisco Finesse desktops remotely and receive calls regardless of the type of phone they are using
Outbound dialing support
• Supports outbound dialing including progressive, predictive, and preview modes, allowing agents to handle both inbound and outbound dialing tasks
• Allows agents and supervisors to log in with their usernames instead of Agent IDs, enabling them to log in quickly and accurately
• Supports E.164 published by the ITU-T for international dialing
Platform Support, Compatibility, and Specifications
Consult the Cisco Finesse release notes for hardware and operating system requirements, for compatibility with other Cisco and third-party products, and for additional product specifications:
The Cisco Finesse solution is licensed by seat. For more information regarding licensing, please contact your Cisco representative or Cisco authorized partner.
Find warranty information about the Cisco Finesse Desktop on Cisco.com at the
Product Warranties page.
Cisco Services adapt to market changes while increasing productivity, improving competitive advantage, and delivering a rich-media experience across any workspace.
The combined strengths of Cisco and our partners provide a portfolio of services that can help you prepare your infrastructure for future changes aligning to long-term business goals. Together we create innovative, network-centric architecture solutions resulting in a scalable and responsive foundation that can help you realize the full value of your IT and communication investment.
Cisco Advanced Technology Partners and Cisco Unified Communications Advanced Partners are authorized to sell and install the Cisco Finesse desktop. To find an authorized reseller, contact your local Cisco representative or visit the Cisco Partner Locator at:
Cisco Developer Network
The Cisco Developer Network program offers a formalized means for developers to develop value-added applications, solutions, and gadgets for use with the Cisco Finesse desktop. Information about Cisco Developer Network partners is available at: