Now you can bring Cisco WebEx® conferencing into your company’s private cloud, for a cost-effective, secure, and flexible collaboration and communications solution. Meet your organization’s requirements for highly secure on-premises conferencing, and deliver the same user experience that has made Cisco® WebEx the market-leading, software-as-a-service (SaaS) conferencing solution.
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a highly secure, fully virtualized, behind-the-firewall conferencing solution that combines audio, video, and web conferencing in a single solution. With Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, you can respond to organizational requirements for higher productivity and employee-led innovation, as well as support more dynamic collaboration and flexible work styles.
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server also helps you comply with strict security or data privacy requirements, and support locations where Internet access is regulated or restricted. It also allows you to manage your conferencing solution as a capital expenditure instead of an operational expenditure.
With Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, you can:
● Meet stringent requirements for data privacy and security by bringing Cisco WebEx conferencing behind the corporate firewall
● Build on your existing investment in Cisco Unified Communications, extending your existing implementation of Cisco Unified Communications Manager to conferencing
● Enhance individual and team productivity and collaboration with high-quality audio, video, and web conferencing
● Enable mobile workers to be more productive and engaged with the ability to participate in conferences using a variety of mobile devices
● Easily manage your entire conferencing environment with the solution’s Administration Dashboard
How Cisco WebEx Meetings Server Works
Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a virtualized, software-based solution that runs on Cisco UCS® x86 Servers and VMware. It uses virtual appliance technology for rapid turn-up of services to end users. With Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, there are two options for enabling mobile users to more securely access WebEx conferences without going through a VPN. The first option is to deploy reverse proxy (or edge servers) in the enterprise perimeter (or DMZ). The second option, shown in Figure 1, is to deploy the reverse proxy servers behind your internal firewall, which eliminates all DMZ components and related information security concerns.
In addition, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server uses simple port forwarding on ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (SSL) to minimize the number of ports that need to be opened in your external and internal firewalls. Backend servers integrate with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) for high-quality teleconferencing.
In large enterprise deployments, critical manageability requirements include user provisioning as well as the ability for users to sign in using their corporate credentials. Cisco WebEx Meetings Server supports these requirements by enabling you to utilize LDAP directory services for user management and authentication, or use the industry-standard SAML 2.0 Single Sign On.
Benefits for Your Organization
Designed to meet stringent security requirements
● Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is installed behind your corporate firewall for physical security
● End-user sessions are encrypted using industry standard SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, and TLS 1.2
● All communications between the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server virtual servers are encrypted
● FIPS encryption can be turned on with a single policy setting, providing U.S. Department of Defense-level security
Protect and build on your existing Cisco Unified Communications investments
● Designed for deployment on top of Cisco UCM, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server allows you to extend your investment in IP telephony to online meetings
Align your conferencing capabilities with business and user expectations
● Deliver the same productive, fulfilling user experience as the SaaS-based version of WebEx conferencing, including:
- Document, applications, and desktop sharing
- Annotation and collaboration tools
- Personal Conferencing Number capabilities provide persistent host and attendee access codes for planned and ad-hoc audio-centric conferencing
- High-quality video with 360p screen resolution; full-screen video; up to seven simultaneous webcam video feeds and voice-activated switching
- Recording, downloading recordings, and playback
- Consistent cross-platform experience on Windows, Mac, smartphones, and tablets
- Hosts can schedule meetings directly from their Microsoft Outlook for Windows calendars
Allow team members on the move to collaborate easily using their mobile devices
● Meet your organization’s expectations for creating a more collaborative environment that connects a distributed, mobile workforce
- Meeting clients for mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices
- Start, join, schedule, and attend online meetings from mobile devices
- Chat, audio, call me, calendar, pass presenter
- Two-way video on Android and iPad (2.0+) devices
- Connect to meeting audio via telephony or internet (integrated VoIP)
- Support for Cisco Jabber™ for Windows (requiring Cisco Unified Presence) can enable users to easily move from a chat session to an online meeting
● Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is optimized for “bring your own device” (BYOD) enterprises, helping users to more securely sign in, host, and join meetings from mobile devices or Internet-connected PCs without requiring VPN access to the corporate network
Easily manage your entire conferencing environment with a web-based dashboard
● A web-based Administration Dashboard (see Figure 2) makes it easy to manage your entire conferencing environment, including a real-time view of system processes and management reports on usage, licenses, and more
● Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is localized into 13 languages to support customers worldwide.
For More Information
To learn more about Cisco WebEx Meetings Server visit.
Technical specifications can be found in the System Requirements documentation at.