Manage Converged IP and Optical Transport Networks
Cisco Prime Optical simplifies management of the converged IP and optical network from access to core for efficient delivery of next generation services. Through automation of configuration, provisioning, and troubleshooting, it helps operators to efficiently execute end-to-end circuit creation, and manage every point within the converged network with accuracy and scale.
Get carrier-class, multi-technology management for transport networks. (3:40 min)
Request a Call from Cisco Sales to get more information about Cisco Prime Optical.
Transport Network Management
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Optical is available as a standalone product or as a pre-integrated component of the Cisco Prime Carrier Management suite. It provides comprehensive unified management and service lifecycle capabilities including design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis.
- Business agility: Accelerated time to market of value added services through automation of discovery, operation, and change management
- Service assurance: Rapid resolution of network issues with advanced diagnostics and real-time monitoring
- Lower total cost of ownership: Turnkey integration with other components of the Cisco Prime Carrier Management suite
- An intuitive GUI that promotes operator productivity and reduces training efforts
- Northbound interfaces (NBIs) for easy integration with third-party operations support system (OSS) software
- Topology maps that display an accurate network inventory with detailed drill-down to each device
- High scalability, with support for up to 5000 optical network elements
In addition, Cisco Prime Optical offers converged support for Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Cisco nLight TM Technology , DWDM, and Synchronous Optical Networks Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH).