Bring Application Visibility to Your Data Center
Deliver resilient services with the Cisco Nexus 7000 NAM.
Gain Consistent Network Visibility
Learn the benefits of Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module Software 5.0.
Strengthen Control of Your Network
Discover the benefits of Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module Software 5.0 in this TechWise TV segment.
Get Pervasive Network Visibility
Optimize network resources, troubleshoot performance issues, and improve the user experience with Cisco Network Analysis Module (NAM) products.
- Brings application-awareness to Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Simplifies services delivery in the dynamic data center
- Sees inside encapsulated overlays to eliminate blind spots
- Extends visibility into Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), Cisco TrustSec, and more
- Offers outstanding deployment versatility
- Provides consistent visibility across physical, virtual, and cloud
- Helps improve operational agility, permitting rapid responses to new business demands
- Installs on x86 platforms with ESXi and KVM virtualization infrastructures
- Offers flexible deployment across the campus, data center, and WAN in Enterprise and Service Provider networks
- Provides superior performance, scalability, reliability, and manageability
- Takes advantage of best-in-class Cisco UCS C220 and C240 M3 Rack Server hardware
- Permits the continuous captures of packets over longer intervals
- Simplifies IT in the campus
- Gets to the root cause of issues in a few clicks
- Extends visibility into wireless Access Points and end points
- Provides high-precision performance metrics with IEEE 1588-based time synchronization
- Transforms the Cisco ISR G2 SRE into a powerful application performance analysis platform in the branch
- Delivers a high-quality application experience to users across Cisco Enterprise Networks
- Offers anytime, anywhere troubleshooting
- Eliminates the need to haul large amounts of data over WAN links to the central site
Cisco Network Analysis Module (NAM) Blades
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Network Analysis Module (NAM-NX1)
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Network Analysis Module (NAM-3)
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Network Analysis Module (NAM-1/NAM-2)
Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) Appliances
Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) Virtual Blades
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) for ISR G2 SRE
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) for Nexus 1100 Series
- Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) for WAAS Virtual Blade (VB)
Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) Virtual Appliances
The Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module (NAM) offers multilayered visibility into the network. This gives network administrators a holistic view of how the network is performing and how users are experiencing the delivery of applications and services. Comprehensive visibility empowers you to:
- Optimize network resources
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Deliver consistent performance levels
Cisco Prime NAM software includes important features such as:
- Interactive dashboards with intuitive workflows, contextual navigation, and one-click captures
- Comprehensive traffic statistics, application, voice, and video performance metrics
- Detailed troubleshooting with insightful packet captures, advanced filters, and error scan
- Centralized management and reporting with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
These features help you:
- Characterize application performance and usage of network resources
- Accelerate problem resolution with quick access to critical network information
- Validate use of control and optimization mechanisms, namely Differentiated Services (DiffServ) and Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS)
- Extend visibility into virtual and cloud environments
- Assess the impact of changes, such as server consolidation and VM migration, on performance
You can also achieve business benefits from Cisco Prime NAM, including:
- Enhanced operational efficiency with rapid problem resolution and efficient use of network resources
- Improved service levels with consistent performance visibility across the network
- Lower total cost of ownership with a choice of cost-effective form factors
- Ease of system integration with a standards-based northbound API (REST/XML)
Consistent, Efficient Service Delivery
Get an overview of Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module and its many benefits.Read At-a-Glance
Boost Performance Precision, and Reach
See what's new with Cisco Prime Network Analysis Module Software 5.1. (8:01 min)View Video
Learn how Cisco NAM helps you optimize WAN and troubleshoot performance issues.Watch Webcast
Fast Data Access, Open Design
EMA highlights the troubleshooting abilities and other strengths of Cisco NAM Software 5.0. (PDF - 983 KB)Read EMA Report
The Cisco Prime NAM portfolio includes form-factor choices that can be deployed to meet diverse performance analysis needs in scalable multigigabit switching and routing environments. The Cisco Prime NAM product portfolio includes:
Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NAM (NAM-NX1)
This services module brings application-awareness and insights to your Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch. It provides an integrated, scalable, and flexible solution to help simplify services delivery in the dynamic data center.
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series NAM (NAM-3)
This services module, integrated in your Cisco Catalyst 6500 switch, delivers traffic monitoring, application performance analytics, and troubleshooting at 15 Gbps (or faster) traffic monitoring throughput.
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series and Cisco 7600 Series NAM (NAM-1, NAM-2)
These services modules offer up to 1 Gbps traffic monitoring throughput. They can be deployed with Catalyst 6500 Series Switches or Cisco 7600 Series Routers.
Cisco Prime NAM Appliances (NAM 2304, NAM 2320)
These next-generation, purpose-built appliances offer an optimal balance of processing, memory, storage, and I/O. They address high-performance monitoring needs in the campus, WAN edge, data center, and service provider networks.
Cisco Prime Virtual NAM
The vNAM offers outstanding deployment flexibility. It brings application visibility and network analytics to critical observation points in the cloud and branch to help increase business agility.
Cisco Prime NAM for Nexus 1100 Series
Integrated with the Cisco Nexus 1100 Series and Nexus 1010 Appliances, this virtual service blade extends visibility into the VM network with Cisco Nexus 1000V switch deployments.
Cisco Prime NAM for ISR G2 SRE
This software is integrated with Cisco ISR second-generation (G2) Services Ready Engine (SRE) platforms. It offers multiservice visibility, traffic analysis, and troubleshooting at remote sites in Cisco borderless networks.