Perform Risk-Free Network Analyses
Design, build, visualize, and launch virtual network simulations quickly and efficiently. Cisco Modeling Labs helps enable network change validation and acts as a testbed for applications that work with the network. With its simple point-and-click interface, users can design or import a network topology and turn it into a virtual network within minutes.
Cisco Modeling Labs 1.1 Webinar
Watch the Cisco Modeling Labs 1.1 webinar recording. (56:00 min)Watch Now
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Modeling Labs is a scalable and extensible software platform for designing, simulating, and testing network models. The innovative platform uses advanced virtualization technology such as OpenStack for simulations. It then combines it with the technology of virtual Cisco IOSv Software compliant for running on virtual machines.
Cisco Modeling Labs is an ideal solution for conducting pre-deployment network testing.
Network engineers with minimum to intermediate networking knowledge will enjoy many benefits using Cisco Modeling Labs Corporate Edition. Some examples include:
- Capacity Calculator
- On-premise application
- Point-and-click design and simulation
- Configuration generation and protocol visualization
- Virtual Cisco IOS for router simulation
Typical use cases include:
- Design and simulation of network changes
- Pre-testing network updates prior to physical deployment
- Test bedding for application and device network interfacings
- Simulation of production networks, and troubleshooting in a simulated network
- Internal operator practice with a virtual network
Specifications at a Glance
Recommended server: Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server with 16 core CPU and 128 GB memory or Cisco UCS C460 M2 High-Performance Rack Server or higher model (actual memory and CPU consumption depends on the number of virtual nodes and virtual network OS types).
- Compatible virtual Cisco IOS
- Cisco IOS XRv
- Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CSR 1000V)
The Cisco Modeling Labs server runs on VMware ESXi 5.0 and beyond.
Test and Verify Your Network
Virtually design, configure and simulate network topologies.Read More