EMEAR Digital Team newlsetter
IBN Journey - We are now live with the standard Always On Journey for UKI, FR, DE, IT, RU, CH & NL. Planning for the upcoming Hawkeye launch is in progress - look out for updates very soon.
Collaboration Journey - In Q3, businesses and institutions across EMEAR were forced to navigate a secure remote working environment and we were here to support them with our “Work From home” digital campaign. Now it is time to elevate our Cisco Webex brand and solidify our position as the world’s largest, most secure, simple, and reliable collaboration platform in the market. Bridge to Possible Webex campaign will start 8th of June in the UK and 15th in Germany and France.
Bridge to possible Webex campaign & WFH
In Q3, we launched the "Work From Home" digital campaign to support our customer and prospects during the pandemic, with a simple message "We're here for you”. Our approach has been to offer cross-architecture solutions with many free trials and special offers. Amazingly, our cross-team collaboration meant that we launched a web experience in twenty eight countries in less than two weeks.
At the same time, we launched new COVID-19 pages in ten countries within two weeks to support the global initiative and provide cross-architecture content and offers to audiences looking for business continuity support.
It is now time to support and elevate our Cisco Webex brand and solidify our position as the world’s largest, most secure, simple, and reliable collaboration platform in the market with the Bridge to Possible Webex campaign.
As our customer journey matters, we are working to integrate all of the aforementioned campaigns into one single journey from brand awareness to purchase. You will find more information on our detailed approach here.
Key insights from Q3 until now:
◾ Q3 + Q4 WFH paid investment (results as of today)
✓ Budget: $938,995.43
✓ Impressions: 86,348,726
✓ New visits 48,210
✓ Return visits 87,802
✓ Hand raisers (click to chat and let us help): 2,697
◾ Web Experience:
✓ SEO and UX optimised, internal links updates, context banner driving to COVID-19 page as well as on some CDC solutions pages
✓ 76,445 WFH visitors
✓ 54.3% coming from paid search
✓ 18.6% coming from display
✓ 16.4% coming from natural search
✓ 6.8% coming from paid social
✓ 68,710 unique visitors
✓ 20.7% return visits
✓ Bounce rate: 42%
✓Time spend > 3 minutes
New Bridge to possible Webex campaign:
✓ Web experience:
✓ TOFU: B2P Webex page
✓ MOFU: Work From Home page
✓ MOFU: Vertical cross-architecture pages
✓ BOFU: Security Webex page
✓ BOFU: New B2P Webex page (WDC)
✓ BOFU: 90-day Enterprise trial (CDC)
✓ Personalisation, optimisation, context banner, marquee
✓ Webex Anthem video
✓ Customer testimonial video
✓ Webex for security video
✓ Drive to assets
✓ Radio spot
✓ RTB banner
✓ Social: video, carousel, Twitter poll…
Please find all information on Collaboration journey from brand awareness to purchase in our detailed deck here.
The activation of CIO journey is now postponed until Q1. We are working closely with global & the web-experience team to analyse performance of our existing “Executive Perspectives” site and ensure that the globally standardised journey is optimised based on the data-driven insights obtained during this planning phase.
Standard Security Journey is live in English in: UK, MEA and all English speaking countries.
Global update: This integrated approach to a global customer journey matches audience, content, website and experience across our activation channels. Phase one rollout includes launches of new landing pages on cisco.com and email touches from awareness to purchase for our Thought Leadership/Threat Intelligence and Network Security products.
What’s special about our Always-On Journey?:
What does this mean for our customers?
We are already beginning to see some early results globally:
Partner Collaboration Event:
The event included sessions from various executives across Cisco Global teams and attracted 300 partners on Day 1 with strong numbers continuing for the remainder of the event. We’ve now launched the on demand site with replays and other video sessions: Partner Collaboration Virtual Summit
For small business we’ve launched the UK standardised journey along with other regional initiatives such as the Start up with Cisco campaign and the Small Business Recovery campaign. We've also launched a new interactive Game.
The UK standardised journey is now live be sure to check it out: Small business
This is just the start of the journey with the remaining Band A countries now on staging and going through review.
The new Start up with Cisco campaign is promoting Meraki and Webex as a bundle offering. You can view the campaign here:Small business start up
The small business recovery campaign is designed to help small businesses return to work and recover from the effects of COVID-19: Small Business recovery
Finally, we have also launched our first game for Small Business, why not have a go and share your feedback with us: Building for the future
The ambitious paid media activation including:
We will be continuing to launch the campaign in Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia and Saudi Arabia by 28th June. Stay tuned for further updates on the country launches.
On 3rd and 4th of June we ran our first fully virtual Q3 Paid Media QBR, whilst we missed being face to face with the DWA, we heard some fantastic insights from DWA and the media team.
Key takeaways from the session included:
- Ensure we are ready with content before the start of the quarter so we can maximise and optimise time in market
- Provide a greater number of content variations, ensuring banners are not to text heavy
- Allocate budget specifically for testing, that is not directly aligned to a KPI so that we can glean greater insights
- Develop more of an always on approach with Direct Display publishers to reduce impact of dark periods
- Social audiences and looking to expand these for MOFU & BOFU
We will be running a session with Country Marketing Leads to take you through a synopsis of the QBR, however if you are interested in listening to the details please check out the recordings:
Day 2 – Security, Small Business & Data Center Recording (p/w pJDeVQg3)
In the second phase, the BBC began to zoom in, looking at how human stories can communicate large lessons about technology.
We started in Spain, where we looked at how one of the world’s oldest universities is working with Cisco to connect its global student community. Together, these second-phase stories served to demonstrate Cisco’s promise of “bridging the possible” in action, bringing the commitments from their connectivity manifesto to life through impactful stories of their technology at work.
This content will be available in elevate so that you can promote on your social networks (please note as this is BBC international it won’t be available within the UK)
Facebook Chat Bot: At the beginning of Q4 we researched over 30 customers via the Gateway program in order to collect feedback regarding the experience with ChatBot. The survey provided us directions for improvement and few ideas have been implemented into ChatBot before the paid campaign launch.
Collaboration demand focus continues this month:
1. The MVA program has seen EMEAR generate 1,690,570 USD estimated pipeline to date. This is off the back of the leads generated across agency-led activity and organic reach (via partner content being embedded into Cisco.com).
Now Partner Digital are concentrating on scaling the operation by onboarding several new partners off the back off Cisco.com personalization (Pzn) and budget towards agency offerings. The projected uplift against Pzn has been made possible by global organizing a centralized resource to allow us to set up MVA Pzn more efficiently. The next wave of partners to go live using Pzn will be various country subsidiaries of NTT, Axians and Bechtle (France).
The first pair of partners are adding JMF to the program in the form of Axians (France) and OBM (Oman). This will allow us to scope their journeys more elaborately, using a wider selection of agencies than those approved for direct payment by Cisco.
2. The Partner Digital Team has been busy creating a new approach to centralized paid search alongside an agency called TIE Kinetix, based in The Netherlands. The model is centrally owned by Cisco, and is designed exclusively for vendors reliant on a heavy channel presence. Cisco owns the content creation and campaign build, plugging partners into a pre-built campaign in a box. This is highly scalable, as all optimisations are conducted on a central set of assets that are not editable by the partner. Partners have instances of the same campaign co-branded for their usage, and geo-targeted to their region of interest. Many partners can be added, paying only media fees with campaign creation costs covered by Cisco. The first couple of partners, based in the UK and Middle East (Vokhus and Emircom) are launching now in the Secure Work from Home space.
3. Partner Digital have been involved in a monthly series of Partner Interactive Webinars (PIWs), with the latest PIW presented by the Partner Digital Team alongside Esther Trifich, focused on SEO. From an initial 326 registrants, 70+ partners attended the call, on which they received insight into Cisco’s SEO strategy from Rowan Chernin; some ideas around how educate their teams on the topic from Esther Trifich; and reference to SEO in relation to the Marketing Velocity Central (MVC) tool kit from Hesham Barr.
4. Valerie Purnot has been driving a Funding Pilot initiative globally, that has involved selecting partners who are nominated to receive funds to assist in their marketing activities. The Partner Digital team has worked to carefully select agency-led Full Service Activities (FSAs) that will offer these partners the most qualified leads possible across a range of delivery methods.
Once the agencies concerned pitched in their offerings, the partners were then offered the opportunity of either using their funds for their own Custom Marketing Activities (CMAs), or to take an FSA from an agency, as suggested by Partner Digital. In EMEAR for Q4, 9 FSAs were ordered vs 1 in the Americas, so the FSA order stimulation focus appears to be gaining good traction in region.