The NMS does the following to request information from the GateWay/CORBA interface:
1. Uses the managedElementManager::ManagedElementManager_I:: getAllActiveAlarms interface to request all current alarms on the ME.
2. Uses the equipment::EquipmentInventoryMgr_I:: getAllEquipment interface to request all existing equipment on the ME.
Prime Optical returns a list of EquipmentHolder_T objects with detailed information about equipment holders and equipment on the ME.
3. For the equipment information retrieved in EquipmentorHolder_T object, uses the equipment::EquipmentInventoryMgr_I:: getAllSupportedPTPs interface to request all supported PTPs on the equipment.
Prime Optical returns a list of TerminationPoint_T objects with detailed PTP information, such as SDH or SONET port, admin state, service state, line code, frame format, and so on.
4. For each TerminationPoint_T object, executes the “NMS Resynchronizes Information Specific to TerminationPoint” use case.
5. Uses the managedElementManager::ManagedElementManager_I:: getAllSNCs interface to request all SNCs originating, terminating, or passing through the ME.
Prime Optical returns a list of SubnetworkConnection_T objects with detailed SNC information, such as layer rate, SNC state, SNC protection state, a-end CTP, z-end CTP, and so on.
6. Uses the protection::ProtectionMgr_I:: getAllProtectionGroups interface to request all protection groups created on the ME.
Prime Optical returns a list of ProtectionGroup_T objects with detailed protection group information, such as 1:1, 1+1, or 2F-BLSR; revertive or nonrevertive; and so on.