Control Panel for Subscribers
The Prime Home Control Panel for subscribers is a browser-based application that helps the end user to manage, protect and share their home network. It enables the subscriber to easily modify basic home network configuration such as wireless, firewall, and port forwarding, and provides a way to setup enhanced services such as time blocking and content filtering. The Control Panel provides remote access to the home network, providing a one-click process to access any IP-enabled device in the home.
What’s on the Main Screen
The following options are available:
- Network Status—Shows whether broadband is connected, and whether wireless networking is enabled.
- My Network—This shows how many LAN devices are known to the local network, and how many are online. When the subscriber logs in, the complete list of devices connected to the network is automatically displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- My Wireless Network—Here the subscriber can enable or disable their wireless, or modify r wireless settings, such as changing their WEP Key, changing the wireless broadcast channel, and enabling/disabling the broadcast of their SSID.
- Internet Time Blocking—This allows the subscriber to set time limits on the Internet can be accessed. The subscriber can set individual blocks of time throughout the week to be blocked, limit the amount of time the Internet can be accessed each day, and limit the amount of time it can be accessed each week. There is also a Bonus Time feature which overrides the normal schedule and adds timed access starting immediately for a set amount of time.
- Content Filtering—Content filtering is used to prevent users from viewing inappropriate web sites or content. Filtering can be implemented on individual computers and devices or on the entire network. It is possible for different computers and devices on the network to have different levels of Internet access. There are two types of content filtering: Basic content filtering and Dynamic content filtering.
Importing Multiple Subscriptions
To import multiple subscriptions:
On the Utilities tab, click
Import Subscriptions .
Step 2 Click Choose File .
Step 3 In the system dialog box, choose a CSV file to upload.
Step 4 Click Upload .
Prime Home imports your data, displays a progress bar, and informs you of success.
RESTful Service Tool
The RESTful service tool lets you run actions against URLs and call the integration API directly. The following options are available, as shown in Figure 12-1:
- Operation—Choose an HTTP verb from the drop-down list, and then enter a URL in the text box.
- Execute—Click to run the operation on the desired URL.
Figure 12-1 RESTful Service Tool