When you log into the ACS web interface for the first time, you are prompted to install the license file.
To log into the ACS web interface:
1. Enter the ACS URL in your browser.
For example, https://acs_host/acsadmin, https://[IPv6 address]/acsadmin, or https://ipv4 address/acsadmin, where acs_host is the IP address or Domain Name System (DNS) hostname. The DNS hostname works for IPv6 when the given IP address is resolvable to both IPv4 and IPv6 formats.
The login page appears.
Note: Launching the ACS web interface using IPv6 addresses is not supported in Mozilla Firefox version 4.x or later.
2. In the Username field, enter ACSAdmin, which is the default username. The value is not case-sensitive.
3. In the Password field, enter default, which is the default password. The value is case-sensitive.
Note: Click Reset to clear the Username and Password fields and start over, if needed.
4. Click Login or press Enter.
The login page reappears, prompting you to change your password.
5. Enter default in the Old Password field, then enter a new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
If you forget your password, use the acs reset-password <username> command to reset your password to its default setting. You are prompted to change your password after a reset. See CLI Reference Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.8 for more information.
6. Click Login or press Enter.
You are prompted to install a valid license, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 ACS 5.8 License Screen
The license page appears only the first time that you log into ACS.
7. Click Browse and choose a valid, unique base license for the ACS server.
For more information on installing a valid license, see the User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.8.
■If your login is successful, the main page of the ACS web interface appears.
■If your login is unsuccessful, the following error message appears:
Access Denied. Please contact your System Administrator for assistance.
The Username and Password fields are cleared.
8. Re-enter the valid username and password, and click Login.
Note: When you use Internet Explorer to view the ACS web interface, if the Enhanced Security Configuration (ESC) is enabled, you would observe issues in displaying pages and pop-ups of the ACS web interface. To overcome this issue, you must disable the ESC from the Internet Explorer settings.
To log out of the ACS web interface:
1. Click Logout in the ACS web interface header to end your administrative session.
A dialog box appears, prompting you to confirm whether you want to log out of ACS.
2. Click OK.
You are logged out.
Caution: For security reasons, Cisco recommends that you log out of the ACS when you complete your administrative session. If you do not log out, the ACS web interface logs you out after 30 minutes of inactivity, and does not save any unsubmitted configuration data.
For more information on using the Web Interface, see the User Guide for Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.8.