PDF(128.3 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(167.8 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(94.2 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 11, 2018
Port Management Configuration on RV180 and RV180W
Port Management is the management of ports. The Port Management table lists all the port management settings for this device. This article explains how these settings can be changed and the various actions taken on them.
Port Management Configuration
Step 1. Use the Configuration Utility to choose Networking > Routing > Port Management. The Port Management page opens.
The Port Management Setting Table has the following parameters:
• Port Name — Names of all the ports which are available and whose settings can be managed are shown. There are 4 WAN ports and 1 WAN port on this router.
• Enable — Check this box to enable the port and uncheck the box to disable it. All the ports are enabled by default.
• Auto Negotiation — Check this box to allow the network and router to fix a optimal portal settings. This setting is enabled by default. This setting is available only when the Enable box is checked.
• Flow Control — Flow control is the process of handling the rate of data transmission between any two nodes to prevent a faster sender from outrunning a slow receiver. It prevents the receiving node from being overwhelmed by the transmitter node's data. Check this field to enable Flow Control.
• Duplex — Choose either Half duplex or Full duplex based on the port support. It is Full duplex by default. This setting is available only when Auto Negotiation check box is unchecked.
• Speed — Choose one of the following port speeds, 10Mbps , 100Mbps or 1000Mbps. It is 1000Mbps by default for all ports. This setting is available only when Auto Negotiation check box is unchecked.