PDF(198.6 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(237.4 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(110.6 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:August 17, 2017
Content Filtering on RV180 and RV180W Routers
Content Filtering is a method in which content may be blocked or permitted based on a review of the type of content which is present rather than source, destination, or other IP address details. This article explains the Content Filtering on RV180 and RV180W routers.
• RV180 • RV180W
Content Filtering by the use of Firewall
Step 1. Use the Configuration Utility to choose Firewall > Content Filtering.. The Content Filtering page opens. Check the appropriate boxes to block the specified content.
Content Filtering Settings
• Content Filtering Enable — Check this box to enable Content Filtering.
• Block Proxy — Proxy settings can help route connections to their destinations through intermediary hosts or servers known as proxies. Proxies can be used in this way to elude certain firewall rules but can also be essential for certain connections. Check Enable to block proxy servers.
• Block Java — Check Enable to block Java applets from being downloaded by hosts connecting through the router. Java applets allow for dynamic functionality of web pages but can also contain malicious applets which can infect computers.
• Block ActiveX — Check Enable to block ActiveX. ActiveX controls are similar to Java applets in that they can be used for certain web page functionality but can also infect hosts connecting through the router.
Trusted Domain Table — The Trusted Domain Table lists all the domains which can be trusted and allows all operations on those domains.
Note: Names which are in the Trusted domain list can be bypassed by keyword filtering. e.g. If "Yahoo" is added to the blocked keywords list and www.yahoo.com is added to the trusted domain list, then www.yahoo.com will be allowed but mail.yahoo.com will not be allowed.
• Trusted Domain — Trusted Domain for which the Content Filtering is bypassed.
• Click Add to link the trusted domain's configuration page.
• Click Edit to make changes in the selected domain.
• Click Delete to delete a selected domain or domains.