PDF(36.1 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(71.6 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(93.7 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:August 6, 2017
DHCPv6 Configuration on RV120W and RV220W
This document explains how to configure the IPv6 WAN(Internet) for use with Automatic Configuration (DHCP) on the RV Series Routers. DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) is used with internet service providers (ISP's) who assign the user an IP address.
This article explains how to configure IPv6 WAN for the device.
• RV120W • RV220W
Step 1. Using the Router Configuration Utility, choose Networking > IPv6 > IP Mode. The IP Mode page opens.
Step 2. Click IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack.This enables the IPv6 characteristics on the router.
Step 3. Click Save to save the settings.
Step 4. Using the Router Configuration Utility, choose Networking > WAN > IPv6 WAN Configuration. The IPv6 WAN Configuration page opens.
Step 5. In the WAN Connection Type drop-down menu, choose DHCPv6.
Step 6. Enter the information required in the following fields:
• IP Address—.Enter the IPv6 Address in this field.
• IP6 Prefix Length— Enter the Prefix Length required in this field.
• Default IPv6 Gateway— Enter the Default Gateway for the assigned IPv6 Address in this field..
• Primary DNS Server— Enter the Primary Domain Name Server (DNS) for the IPv6 Address provided above, in this field.
Step 7. Choose one of the auto configurations from the address settings of DHCPv6:
• Stateless— An ICMPv6 discover message will originate from the RV220W and is used for auto-configuration, rather than the RV220W contacting the DHCP server at the ISP to obtain a leased address.
• Stateful— The RV220W connects to the ISP's DHCPv6 for a leased address.