THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Migration to new field notice system
|Affected Product ID
||Cannot save network settings on new gateways |
An issue has been discovered with the Cisco Access Control Gateway module that prevents configuration changes from being saved. This issue affects new modules running firmware release 1.0 through 1.3, or modules that have been reset to the factory defaults (hard reset). This issue occurs when the configuration change is applied using the gateway's web administration interface.
Affected Gateway Modules:
- New Gateway modules that include the factory-installed firmware image release 1.0 through 1.3
- Existing Gateway modules after a hard reset (a hard reset restores the factory settings)
Network settings do not get saved when configuring a new CIAC-GW-K9 gateway. The settings are entered and appear to be saved, but the interface reverts to the default settings. Factory resetting the gateway does not change this behavior.
To resolve this issue, you must download and run a software patch. The patch can be used for CPAM version 1.0 through 1.3.
The following are necessary to apply the workaround:
- A copy of the fixGateway.html software patch downloaded from the cisco.com support web site. The patch is included in the fixGateway.zip archive which also contains all the necessary documentation/instructions for the patch.
- Windows XP or Vista and Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, or Windows 7 (64-bit only) and Internet Explorer 8.0 (32-bit only)
- Physical access to the Gateway module. To apply the patch, you must directly connect the PC to the Gateway module Eth 1 port to access the web administration utility at 192.168.1.42
Steps/instructions to download the patch:
1. Click on the following link:
Gateway Patch and Documentation
2. Click the 'Download Software' link.
3. Log in to the Cisco Support Center. (NOTE: You must be a registered user of Cisco.com to access this page. You must also have a current Cisco support contract that is linked to your Cisco.com account to download software.)
4. Click 'Cisco Physical Access Gateway'.
5. Locate the fixGateway.zip option and click 'Download Now'. The compressed file includes the fixGateway.html patch and the release note instruction document.
6. Click 'Proceed With Download'.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
8. Once the download is successfully completed, follow the instructions in the release note document to apply the Access Control Gateway Patch.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Cisco Notification Service—Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.