Cisco has released free software updates that address the vulnerability described in this advisory. Customers may only install and expect support for software versions and feature sets for which they have purchased a license. By installing, downloading, accessing, or otherwise using such software upgrades, customers agree to follow the terms of the Cisco software license:
Additionally, customers may only download software for which they have a valid license, procured from Cisco directly, or through a Cisco authorized reseller or partner. In most cases this will be a maintenance upgrade to software that was previously purchased. Free security software updates do not entitle customers to a new software license, additional software feature sets, or major revision upgrades.
When considering software upgrades, customers are advised to regularly consult the advisories for Cisco products, which are available from the Cisco Security Advisories and Alerts page, to determine exposure and a complete upgrade solution.
In all cases, customers should ensure that the devices to be upgraded contain sufficient memory and confirm that current hardware and software configurations will continue to be supported properly by the new release. If the information is not clear, customers are advised to contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) or their contracted maintenance providers.
Customers Without Service Contracts
Customers who purchase directly from Cisco but do not hold a Cisco service contract and customers who make purchases through third-party vendors but are unsuccessful in obtaining fixed software through their point of sale should obtain upgrades by contacting the Cisco TAC:
Customers should have the product serial number available and be prepared to provide the URL of this advisory as evidence of entitlement to a free upgrade.
Cisco fixed this vulnerability in the following releases:
- RV110W Wireless-N VPN Firewall: 220.127.116.11 and later
- RV130W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN Router: 18.104.22.168 and later
- RV215W Wireless-N VPN Router: 22.214.171.124 and later
Customers can download the software from the Software Center on Cisco.com by clicking Browse All and doing the following:
RV110W and RV215W
- Choose Routers > Small Business Routers > Small Business RV Series Routers > RV110W Wireless-N VPN Firewall or RV215W Wireless-N VPN Router > Wireless Router Firmware.
- Access releases by using the left pane of the RV110W Wireless-N VPN Firewall or RV215W Wireless-N VPN Router page.
- Choose Routers > Small Business Routers > Small
Business RV Series Routers > RV130W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN
Router > Small Business Router Firmware.
- Access releases by using the left pane of the RV130W Wireless-N Multifunction VPN Router page.