Capture Today's Opportunities
Use Ultra Services Platform to get cloud services to market fast, reduce costs, and more.
As the industry's most complete, fully virtualized evolved packet core, the new Cisco Virtualized Packet Core (VPC) solution redefines the paradigm of agility for service providers. It can enable them to capture untapped revenue opportunities, particularly with the proliferation of Internet of Things (IOT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) connections.
Cisco's VPC combines all packet core services—for 4G, 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, and small cell networks—into a single solution. It provides those network functions as virtualized services, so you can scale capacity and introduce new services much faster and more cost-effectively.
Cisco's VPC is based on the same proven StarOS software used in Cisco ASR 5000 Series platforms. It is designed to distribute and orchestrate packet core functions across physical and virtual resources so you can easily transition from physical to virtualized packet " core services, or use both simultaneously.
Key Facts and Highlights
Cisco's VPC is the industry's first hardware platform and hypervisor-independent solution that combines network functions virtualization (NfV) and software-defined networking (SDN). This functionality helps service providers nimbly scale new packet core systems for markets such as automotive, energy, and healthcare.
Cisco's VPC allows service providers to leave intact their existing Cisco ASR 5000 Series investments and continue to scale them for consumer and enterprise services.
Cisco's VPC reduces the time for service providers to deploy new services and reduce your operational expenditures.
By 2018, there will be more than 19 billion network connections: 8.6 billion from personal mobile devices and six billion from M2M, according to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast.
When deployed in 3G networks, Cisco's VPC simplifies migration to LTE EPC through a software upgrade, without requiring extensive changes or equipment. Cisco UCS or another x86-based server can serve as the following, either separately or integrated into a single platform:
- Cisco MME Mobility Management Entity
- Cisco PGW Packet Data Network Gateway
- Cisco SGW Serving Gateway
- Cisco ePDG Evolved Packet Data Gateway
- Cisco SGSN Serving GPRS Support Node Release 8
- CKN Session: Virtualization of the Mobile Network; Time to Put the Pedal to the Metal
- Infonetics: Cisco Continues Mobile Core Momentum
- AT&T to Utilize Cisco Virtual Mobile Network Technology Within Its Connected Car Services
- Telefonica Transforms Mobile Broadband with New 'LTE In a Box' Solution from Cisco
- XL Axiata Is the 1st Service Provider in Asia Pacific & Japan to Implement Cisco Virtualized Packet
Call 1-866-424-8875 X 1200
US/CAN | 9am - 9pm EST