The Cisco IP Transfer Point (ITP) is a product for transporting Signaling System 7 (SS7) traffic over IP (SS7oIP) networks. The Cisco ITP product allows Mobile Operators to efficiently transport increasing volumes of SS7 traffic by offloading the traffic from the legacy STP network to an SS7oIP network. Cisco ITP also positions the Mobile Operator for enhanced ROI and profits by providing the infrastructure for IP-enabled Service Control Points (SCP) and revenue-generating IP services.
Key features and benefits of Cisco ITP include:
- Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Improved Scalability
- SCP ROI Efficiency Improvement
- Enable Revenue Generating IP-based Applications
- Integrated leading IP Routing, IP WAN media support, and QoS
- All-IP Investment Protection