|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Integrated Solution for Gigabit Ethernet-Based Video Networks
Cisco uMG9850 QAM Module integrates switching, optics and quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) functionality on one platformthe Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switchto simplify cable operator network architectures delivering video-on-demand (VoD) services. Providing high-performance operation for QAM modulation and upconversion, the Cisco uMG9850 QAM Module consists of 12 RF ports capable of generating two QAM channels per port for a total of 24 QAMs.
Taking advantage of the modularity of the Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switch, up to five QAM modules can be accommodated, offering a maximum of 120 QAM channels. The Cisco uMG9850 QAM Module can be mixed with other Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series line cards adding to the flexibility of the solution. With high-availability features built for the platform, the module offers redundant power supplies and cooling fans, along with two switched Gigabit Ethernet ports. As Cisco continues to develop intelligent video edge solutions for current and future video services, the Cisco uMG9850 and the Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series are emerging as the foundation for the next-generation digital video network.
- Full-duplex Gigabit Ethernet ports with full standards-based IP stacks
- 24 QAM channels per line card; 12 ports carrying up to 2 QAMs each
- 64 and 256 QAM supported
- Network jitter reduction; up to 200 ms, user-configurable
- MPEG-2 remultiplexing: PID filtering/remapping, PSI generation/insertion, PCR restamping
- Video session management: session timers and statistics
- Network management: Cisco command-line interface (CLI), SNMP v1, v2c; Cisco Video MIB