The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) 600 unifies both packet and transport technologies in a single platform. It integrates DWDM, optical transport network (OTN), Ethernet, and MPLS-TP functionality, giving service providers a strong foundation for the next generation of transport.
The platform is built on standards-based Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) technology and smoothly integrates with established IP MPLS architecture.
The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) 600 offers:
- A modular carrier-class, high capacity P-OTS platform supporting up to 352 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 60 percent reduction in rack space and over 65 percent less power consumption compared to competing products
- Flexibility with easy service provisioning; operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM); and protection switching
- Support for a comprehensive set of packet-based services, including mobile, video, and cloud services
Business benefits include:
- More efficient architecture
- Support for existing operational models
- Flexible and agile delivery of business, residential, mobile backhaul, data center, and video services
- "Pay-as-you-grow" scalability