The Cisco Content Switching Module with SSL (CSM-S) combines advanced Layer 4 to Layer 7 content switching capabilities with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) acceleration in a single-slot line card for the Catalyst 6500 Series Switch and Cisco 7600 Series Router.
Advanced features and benefits of the Cisco Content Switching Module with SSL include:
- High-Speed L4 to L7 content switching-Load balances, scales performance, provides connection persistence, and helps ensure uptime for application and Web servers, caches, firewalls, and other devices.
- SSL acceleration-Offloads the CPU-intensive task of processing SSL transactions from the back-end servers.
- End-to-end encryption with intelligent load balancing-Manages decryption, performs load-balancing, and re-encrypts within the module before putting the traffic back on the network. At no time is the information on the network in clear text.
- Capital and operating expense reduction-Reduces the number of SSL devices needed and reduces the number of certificates that a site needs to purchase and manage.
- Reduced slot consumption-Combines content switching and SSL acceleration in a single chassis slot.