The Cisco Nexus® 3550-F Fusion HPT is a high-precision network tapping, aggregation, and monitoring solution, optimized for high-performance, low-latency networks.
The device incorporates our world-leading HPT1 time-stamping technology, for industry-leading 100ps (0.1ns) timestamps that are embedded in every packet. This makes the Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT the highest-precision network aggregation and monitoring solution available on the market. The device also offers high-quality time synchronization to pulse-per-second (PPS), GPS, and Precision Time Protocol (PTP) sources, ensuring that every packet is globally synchronized as well as precisely timestamped.
The system offers 400Gb/s of ingress and configurable egress options of up to 80Gb/s.
This ensures that tap aggregation continues to perform well even under adverse network conditions. The device supports up to 40 ingress ports operating at 1Gb/s2, 10Gb/s, or 40Gb/s2 (400Gb/s total), with HPT timestamps at 100ps resolution. Egress is supported through between 1 and 8 ports operating at 10Gb/s each, or 1 to 2 ports operating at 40Gb/s2 each. Egress ports also feature industry-standard Ethernet flow control, to allow lossless transmission even when capture devices are congested.
A deep, multilayered packet buffer architecture provides robust micro-burst protection.
Correlated micro-bursts are a fact of life, especially in high-performance networks. Yet regulatory environments require that every packet be captured. The Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT has a deep packet buffer hierarchy to ensure that packets are captured, time stamped, and transferred to long-term storage, even under extreme correlated micro-burst scenarios. It offers 32kB per-port buffers, 64kB per-quad-port buffers, and 32GB of global packet buffering (see figure overleaf). This multilayer architecture makes the Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT the most reliable tap aggregation system available.
Replace 20 optical taps with a single 1RU device
Optical taps are difficult to deploy and manage, and consume large amounts of rack space. Every ingress port on the Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT can be configured as a Layer 1 tap, allowing the device to replace 20 optical taps in a single 1RU of rack space. Cisco Nexus 3550-F HPT taps are transparent to other devices. They add less than 5ns of delay to the tapped path, and nearly undetectable jitter.
Ease of use and enterprise manageability features are core to the Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion range.
Many users rate our CLI as one of the best they have operated. Every command available on the CLI is also available via a remote JSON RPC API. This makes the device easy to operate and to manage at scale. All Cisco Nexus 3550-F devices include standard enterprise manageability and deployability features, including automatic configuration (via DHCP), SNMP, TACACS+ authentication, onboard Python programmability, BASH shell access, and time-series logging.
Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT
Cisco Nexus 3550-F Fusion HPT multilayer, deep packet buffer hierarchy
● 400Gb/s ingress (1GbE2/ 10GbE / 40GbE2)
● 100ps high-precision timestamping (HPT1)
● 80Gb/s egress (8x 10GE or 2x 402GbE) with Ethernet flow control (IEEE 802.3x)
● 32kB per port buffer (40x)
● 64kB per quad port buffer (10x)
● 32GB deep buffer (shared)
● 72 channel GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, BeiDou
● Active antenna support (3.3V)
● Cold-start timesync acquisition <30s
● PPS in/out with selectable 50Ω termination
● PTP/NTP support via management port
● 3x 16 SFP+ line cards, up to 48 ports
● 3x 4QSFP line cards, up to 12 ports
● Any 40 ports assignable as ingress
● Any 8 ports assignable as egress
● SFP+ Fiber (10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, 10GBASE-LRM, 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX)
● SFP+ Copper Direct Attach
● SMA for PPS in/out
● SMA for GPS in
● RJ45 management port
● RJ45 industry-standard serial port
● USB (for firmware upgrades)
● CLI via serial, SSH, and telnet
● JSON RPC API for all CLI commands
● Automatic configuration via DHCP
● TACACS+ and multiuser support
● ACLs on management interface
● Firmware updates via SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, and USB
● Onboard BASH and Python scripts
● Onboard Cron jobs
● Packet counters (RX, TX, dropped, etc.)
● Per port status LEDs
● Live packet dump
● SFP diagnostics (light levels, temps, etc.)
● SNMP, local, and remote syslog
● Time-series logging to InfluxDB
● 19” 1RU, rack mount
● Weight: 11kg (24lbs)
● Dual, hot-swappable supplies
● Standard: AC 90-264V, 47-64 Hz, included IEC C13-C14 cables
● Optional: DC 40-72V
● Maximum consumption: 150W
● Dual hot-swappable fan modules
● Optional airflow direction (FTB, BTF)
Information about Cisco’s environmental sustainability policies and initiatives for our products, solutions, operations, and extended operations or supply chain is provided in the “Environment Sustainability” section of Cisco’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report.
Reference links to information about key environmental sustainability topics (mentioned in the “Environment Sustainability” section of the CSR Report) are provided in the following table:
Information on product material content laws and regulations
Information on electronic waste laws and regulations, including products, batteries, and packaging
Cisco makes the packaging data available for informational purposes only. It may not reflect the most current legal developments, and Cisco does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that it is complete, accurate, or up to date. This information is subject to change without notice.
Flexible payment solutions to help you achieve your objectives
Cisco Capital® makes it easier to get the right technology to achieve your objectives, enable business transformation and help you stay competitive. We can help you reduce the total cost of ownership, conserve capital, and accelerate growth. In more than 100 countries, our flexible payment solutions can help you acquire hardware, software, services and complementary third-party equipment in easy, predictable payments. Learn more.