The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco® Network Convergence System (NCS) 560 Router is a full-featured, modular, and programmable aggregation platform. It helps service providers build the foundation for a highly connected, secure, automated, programmable, and cost-efficient access network to:
● Deliver cost-effective and converged next-generation broadband aggregation services for mobile, residential, and business customers, with best-in-class hardware and purpose-built software technologies.
● Improve business agility in an increasingly dynamic environment with increased service velocity and help service providers attain additional revenue from their network infrastructure and next-generation services and applications.
● Reduce costs throughout the service lifecycle and promote efficiency gains in the deployment and operation of the networks by utilizing simplified operations with open standards–based automation and programmability capabilities, which accelerate operational and business processes, while minimizing errors and time to delivery.
The NCS560 provides a dense combination of 4 x 100GE, 40 x 10GE, and 96 x 1GE ports in a modular 7RU form factor and 6 x 100GE + 16 x 10GE in a modular 4RU form factor.
● Fully redundant platform with 50 msec ISSU support
● 5G ready with support for Segment Routing and EVPN
● 6 x 100G support on NCS560 4 RU
● Supports industrial temperature conditions
● High Density of 1G/10G/40G/100G ethernet ports. 25G/50G on roadmap
● 100G/200G CFP2 DCO support
● 100G QSFP-DD ZR optics support on roadmap
● Low latency forwarding, typically <10 µs
● Precise frequency and phase/time synchronization using the latest industry standards
● Security- Trust Anchor infrastructure, secure boot, image signing, run-time defence
● Part of Cisco Certified Metro Fabric Design
● MEF 3.0 certified for carrier ethernet deployments
● Rich Quality of Service capabilities for different SLAs
● Excellent manageability
The Cisco NCS 560 Router helps service providers deliver highly scalable advanced services for residential broadband, mobile, and Metro Ethernet applications. This allows an operator to provide differentiated and cost-effective services to end users. The modular NCS 560 Router supports broadband aggregation for delivering “any-play” services (voice, video, data, and mobility), or be deployed as a preaggregation platform for mobile backhaul, and can aggregate cell sites and use Segment Routing (SR, SR-TE) or Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) as a transport for Radio Access Network (RAN) backhaul traffic. The NCS 560 Router is also built to meet service provider requirements for Carrier Ethernet aggregation.
● Delivering unprecedented capacity, density, and scale
● Converged services delivery
◦ Carrier Ethernet, Mobile Backhaul, Cable/Remote Phy and FTTx
● Highly secure and available
◦ OS developed with critical components to deliver security, reliability, and stability
● Simplified and programmable
◦ Simplified and application-aware networking – Segment Routing
◦ Network programmability – NC/YANG
● Intent-driven automation
◦ “Open” infrastructure to deliver automated network and services intent through orchestration
Start your journey delivering cost-effective, next-generation services and applications for your customers here with the NCS 560 Router. For more information, please go to the NCS data sheet at www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/network-convergence-system-560-series-routers/datasheet-c78-740295.html.