● Reduces complexity and manual effort to deploy, maintain, and upgrade Cisco Intersight–connected devices
● Delivers proactive support and Return Materials Authorizations (RMAs) through tight integration with Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
● Shifts the burden of building, maintaining, and securing your management environment to Cisco
● Learns and evolves to deliver greater capabilities and improved insights to help you proactively manage your environment
● Is fully programmable and can be integrated with third-party systems and tools
● Can add workload optimization and Kubernetes services seamlessly
● Has a choice of deployment options
Cisco Intersight™ is a cloud operations platform that consists of optional, modular capabilities of advanced infrastructure, workload optimization, and Kubernetes services. This Software-as-a- Service (SaaS) management platform is augmented by other intelligent systems.
Cisco Intersight infrastructure services include the deployment, monitoring, management, and support of your physical and virtual infrastructure. You can connect to Intersight from anywhere and manage infrastructure through a browser or mobile app. Cisco Intersight secure connector provides lifecycle management of Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) servers, HyperFlex™ Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), and third-party devices.
These services streamline daily activities by automating many manual tasks. The recommendation engine provides predictive analytics, security advisories, hardware compatibility alerts, and additional functions. The integration with Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) enable advanced support and proactive resolution of distributed computing environments from the core to the edge.
Overview of Intersight cloud operations platform capabilities
Users can define configuration policies that automate deployments, including device configuration and OS installation, upgrade HCI clusters, and many other tasks. Intersight features a single OpenAPI to perform operational functions and enable integration with third-party systems and tools. The Workflow Designer in the Intersight orchestrator allows you to create custom infrastructure orchestration workflows, or you can use existing workflows.
As a SaaS management platform, Cisco Intersight shifts the burden of building, maintaining, and securing your management environment to Cisco. You can benefit from continuous innovation from Cisco, delivered as SaaS, and operate with confidence on a platform built with industry-leading security.
In addition to the SaaS platform, we also offer the connected Cisco Intersight Virtual Appliance and Private Virtual Appliance separately for organizations that have additional data locality or security needs for managing systems. The Cisco Intersight connected Virtual Appliance software can be deployed on premises, allowing users to take advantage of the SaaS functionality. The Private Virtual Appliance can be deployed on premises with further security restrictions.
The Cisco Intersight cloud operations platform can be seamlessly upgraded to include workload optimization and Kubernetes services. These upgrades significantly expand the functionality of Cisco Intersight infrastructure services to support the daily operations of a wide range of third-party infrastructure, workloads, public cloud, and container environments.
● Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer: Simplify application resource management across your complex hybrid cloud environment with Cisco Intersight Workload Optimizer. With real-time, full-stack visibility across your applications and infrastructure, it continuously monitors and optimizes resource allocations and workload placement to ensure performance, lower on-prem and cloud costs, and free your time to focus on what matters.
● Cisco Intersight Kubernetes Service: Reliably deploy and run containerized workloads across on premises and public clouds with one solution. It is s built with an open architecture using open source components, so you’re not locked into any single vendor. You can automate Kubernetes lifecycle management and reduce risk by providing your developers with self-serve access to conformant Kubernetes clusters.
A straightforward process of claiming your devices and activation gets users on their way. With Cisco Intersight infrastructure services, IT departments can remotely manage and support their operations with convenience, simplicity, and security.
For more information, see: https://www.cisco.com/go/intersight