Medical Data Exchange
See how disparate systems interoperate to provide a patient-centric view of medical data.
Easily Access and Share Patient Records
The Cisco Medical Data Exchange Solution (MDES) is an integrated end-to-end, standards-based solution that facilitates patient-centric access to medical records.
It gives healthcare professionals from multiple institutions access to patient data from previously disconnected systems with incompatible formats and disparate medical terminology. Now providers can quickly and easily access and review a patient's medical data gathered by different applications and stored in separate locations.
The solution helps address several key healthcare issues such as:
- Limited access to clinical patient information
- Increasing costs and inefficiencies of healthcare services
- Improving quality of patient care and experience
At-a-Glance (PDF - 275 KB)
Learn how to help improve care with patient-centric access to medical records.
- Technical Overview
Read about the Cisco MDES architecture, components, and recommended configurations.
- Application Deployment Guide
Read about how to plan, design, and implement this solution.
- White Paper (PDF - 223 KB)
Read about how policy direction overrides technology in setting stage for HIE.
- White Paper (PDF - 910 KB)
Discover a new approach to healthcare interoperability with the Cisco MDES.
- Unifying Healthcare (2:26 min)
Swiss Post enhances national healthcare with Cisco Medical Data Exchange Solution.
- Swiss Post (PDF - 2.26 MB)
Canton of Geneva creates healthcare network.
- Klinikum Wels-Grieskirchen (PDF - 232 KB)
Austrian healthcare provider makes patient information readily available across its enterprise.
- Electronic Health Network (PDF - 161 KB)
Cisco and Electronic Health Network deploy an MDES across 22 locations.
- Orion Health
Orion Health and Cisco create a highly secure solution to share and report public health data.
- Karos Health (PDF - 125 KB)
Cisco and Karos Health unveil new healthcare information-sharing technology.
Products and Services
- Cisco Advisory Services (PDF - 146 KB)
Industry experts help you align business processes and technologies within your organization.
- Cisco Services for Healthcare (PDF - 667 KB)
Cisco is uniquely positioned to assist in all phases of your healthcare projects.
- Routing and Switching Services
Plan, build, and run a more intelligent and responsive integrated network.