Positive Changes in IT Consumption
Analyst report shows positive reaction to IT Consumption in Public Sector
Capitalizing on Convergence
Mobility, cloud, and big data are each transforming education IT. Imagine what they can do when combined. That's the power of convergence, and it's changing the public sector landscape for the better.
Convergence brings together applications, systems, and processes to help meet current needs while preparing for future innovation. It's at the heart of the Internet of Everything (IoE), which connects people, processes, data, and things in new and innovative ways.
Public sector agencies recognize the IoE revenue opportunity, estimated at $4.6 trillion. The IoE can offer significant benefits, such as:
- Economic growth
- Reduced operational costs
- Improved employee, staff, citizen, and student connectivity
- Connected militarized defense
- Enhanced citizen experience
- Better student outcomes and safer learning environments
To capitalize on these benefits, government organizations need to build a technology roadmap that begins with converging their IT Infrastructures. Cisco can help you build that roadmap, and implement each step along the way.
Cisco cloud solutions in education encompass a breath of products and services, delivered through an ecosystem of certified partners to help our education customers optimize their offerings within their data center, from a public cloud, or across a hybrid environment.
- Expand Your Data Center the Easy Way - Cisco Intercloud(PDF - 47 KB)
- The Internet of Everything for Public Sector
- A New Convergence Is A Foot
- IoT: How Will Campus Networks Handle 26 Billion Devices(PDF - 1.2 MB)
- IoE for Education Video
Cisco Services for Cloud Strategy, Management, and Operations help you to quickly and confidently move your organization to the cloud. Reduce costs and get a faster return on your cloud investment. See the full picture of what you're really spending on cloud, and find ways to save money with Cisco Cloud Consumption Services.
Cisco data center solutions for education integrate applications, the data center, and the intelligent network, helping you deliver services to teachers, students, and staff more quickly and efficiently.
Cisco Security and mobile solutions for education accommodate the growing number of people who expect to securely connect to your network - whenever and wherever they are. Cisco solutions help eliminate the cost and hassle of provisioning, managing, and scaling security hardware and software, helping you to stay compliant and reducing risk.
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solutions for Education help deliver collaboration services in an “as a service” model, making advanced collaboration capabilities accessible while minimizing the requirements for upfront investments.
- Cisco Cloud Enablement Services for Education - Overview (PDF - 730 KB)
- Cloud 101: Developing a Cloud-Computing Strategy for Higher Education - White Paper (PDF - 2.3 MB)
- Cisco Cloud Consumption Services (PDF - 454 KB)
- Cisco Intelligent Automation Solution for Cloud v3.1 Services Datasheet (PDF - 348 KB)
- Cisco Cloud Enablement Services (PDF - 307 KB)