Creating New Class of Enterprise-Cloud Services
Savvis created Symphony Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC), one of the industry's first enterprise-class, multi-tenant cloud solutions.
Download Case Study (PDF - 296 KB)
Our vision was to integrate the wide area network and the data center into one virtualized quality of service-sensitive infrastructure plane, suitable for an entire enterprise application portfolio.- Bryan Doerr, Chief Technology Officer, Savvis
To integrate the wide area network and the data center into one virtualized infrastructure.
- Develop new enterprise-class cloud solution, enabling customers to create their own virtual private data center inside multitenant environment
- Differentiate by offering tiered service options and easy self-provisioning
- Fully integrated and virtualized platform, comprising Cisco IP NGN (core WAN) and VMware hypervisor, Cisco Unified Computing System, and Cisco Nexus Switches (in the data center)
- Cisco Services for architecting, planning, designing, implementing and constantly optimizing Savvis' cloud services, accelerating and de-risking migration
Creation of the award-winning Savvis Symphony Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC), one of the industry's first enterprise-class, multi-tenant cloud solutions
- For customers: better control of costs and delivery throughout application lifecycle
- For Savvis: Cloud infrastructure-as-a-service capabilities with reduced risk, faster time to market, improved lifecycle management, better scaling, and lower operating costs