University Grows Capacity with New Data Center Platform
Elon University deploys Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) for greater scalability, manageability, and energy savings.
Download Case Study (PDF - 170 KB)
It really makes our lives so much easier. We don't have to spend time dealing with hardware anymore. We don't have to worry about power, cabling, or adding any ports. Provisioning a new server is as simple as turning it on.- Greg Colby, Systems Administrator, Elon University
Create a unified platform with a more scalable, energy efficient infrastructure.
- Replace aging server equipment and grow capacity
- Reduce energy and footprint of servers at full capacity data center
- Improve manageability and control of virtualized environment
A subject matter expert from Cisco worked onsite to help install and configure a Unified Computing System chassis.
Substantial increase in capacity and simultaneous reduction in energy and space requirements.
- Increased capacity significantly while reducing data center energy and cooling requirements
- Eliminated as many as 75 additional disparate physical servers throughout campus
- Improved manageability of infrastructure and accelerated provisioning of new servers