Transform Your Data Center
Begin with a tested, comprehensive, cloud-ready solution framework.
Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems Partnership
For nearly 10 years, Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems have delivered agile, scalable, and efficient virtualized solutions for mutual global customers. Cisco and Hitachi lead this transition by unifying networking, computing, storage, and software through a fabric systems approach.
The Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS is a collaborative effort between Cisco, Hitachi Data Systems, and VMware to develop virtualized solutions for enterprise data centers. It is built on storage from Hitachi, computing and networking components from Cisco, and virtualization from VMware. As industry leaders in storage, server, network, and virtualization infrastructure software solutions, Hitachi, Cisco, and VMware created a comprehensive solution that can be deployed quickly and safely.
Get a Virtualized Data Center
Learn more about Hitachi™s Unified Compute Platform (UCP).Read Whitepaper
The benefits of virtualization are well-known: Virtualization reduces costs, makes better use of resources, and improves business agility. That's why the Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS is a critical technology for competitive success.
Fast-growing volumes of information and increasing data center complexity are spurring companies to look for flexible, scalable, and reliable ways to deliver IT services. Cloud solutions are an enticing option. The validated solution, Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS, offers an ideal foundation for cloud computing. It is built on storage from Hitachi, computing and networking components from Cisco, and virtualization from VMware.
The Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) provides a cloud-ready architecture with the high-volume connectivity needed to support dynamic virtualization pools. Its agile, high-performance platform is rapidly scalable.
VMware vSphere's private cloud solution offers features such as advanced resource pooling, automated resource allocation, role-based administration, and a zero-touch infrastructure for end users.
Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS gives customers the opportunity to take advantage of products in a tested configuration. This capabilityspeeds deployment and reduces risk, all while providing the performance needed to handle large, dense, and growing virtual machine workloads.
Administrators can select options that meet current needs and scale investments to align with business requirements.
The solution integrates vStorage APIs for Array Integration features on the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform with VMware in the HDS array. Pass-through switching is accomplished with the Cisco Virtual Machine Fabric Extender.
The Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS incorporates the following products.
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform
- Hitachi Unified Storage VM
- Hitachi Storage Navigator Modular 2 (SNM2) software
- Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning (HDP)software
- Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS)
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco MDS 9000 Switches
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vCenter Server
- Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS is a Cisco Validated Design
- Get Design
- Get Other Validated Designs
Reference Architecture Guide
- Deploy Hitachi UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS Using Hitachi Unified Storage VM in a Scalable Environment
Hitachi and Cisco UCS
Cisco Solutions for Hitachi UCP Select
Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems Storage
Cisco storage solutions help businesses improve resiliency, respond to the demands of new applications, and control power consumption.
The Cisco MDS 9000 multiprotocol storage networking platform reduces ownership costs, and improves resilience and agility.
Eighty percent of Fortune 1000 companies run their businesses on Cisco infrastructure products. The data center is the fastest growing segment. Together, Cisco and HDS deliver end-to-end storage networking solutions.
- Cisco MDS 9500 and 9700 Series Multilayer Directors (PDF 341 KB)
- Cisco Storage Networking for Hitachi Data Systems (PDF - 1.19 MB)
- Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director Data Sheet (PDF - 369 KB)
- Cisco MDS 9700 Series Supervisor-1 Module Data Sheet (PDF - 284 KB)
- Cisco MDS 9700 48-Port 16-Gbps Fibre Channel Switching Module Data Sheet (PDF - 295 KB)
- Cisco MDS 9250i Multiservice Fabric Switch Data Sheet (PDF - 319 KB)
- Cisco Storage Networking for Hitachi Data Systems (PDF - 2.31 MB)
- Cisco Storage Media Encryption (PDF - 461 KB)
- Cisco MDS 9000 10-Gbps 8-Port Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Module (PDF - 521 KB)
- Cisco Data Center Network Manager for SAN (PDF - 566 KB)
- March 23, 2013 - Hitachi Data Systems Sweeps Storage Magazine's 2013 Quality Awards
- March 6, 2013 - Hitachi Data Systems Named One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the Third Consecutive Year
- October 9, 2012 - New Converged Infrastructure Offerings from Hitachi Data Systems Give Customers Best-of-Breed Solutions for Mission-Critical Workloads