Transform Your Data Center
Begin with a tested, comprehensive, cloud-ready solution framework.
Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems Partnership
For nearly 10 years, Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems have delivered agile, scalable, and efficient virtualized solutions for mutual global customers. Cisco and Hitachi lead this transition by unifying networking, computing, storage, and software through a fabric systems approach.
The Hitachi Unified Compute Platform Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS is a collaborative effort between Cisco, Hitachi Data Systems, and VMware to develop virtualized solutions for enterprise data centers. It is built on storage from Hitachi, computing and networking components from Cisco, and virtualization from VMware. As industry leaders in storage, server, network, and virtualization infrastructure software solutions, Hitachi, Cisco, and VMware created a comprehensive solution that can be deployed quickly and safely.
The proven benefits of virtualization for reducing costs, increasing use of resources, and improving business agility make UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS a critical technology for competitive success. The solution provides a fast, low-risk path for deploying full data center virtualization.
Fast-growing volumes of information and increasing data center complexity are spurring many companies to look for flexible, scalable, and reliable ways to deliver IT services on demand, and cloud solutions are an enticing option. The validated UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS offers an ideal foundation for cloud computing.
- Hitachi Data Systems: Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform is currently the industry's only 3D scaling storage system. 3D scaling is the unique ability of Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform to scale in three dimensions: up, out, and deep.
- Cisco:Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) provides a cloud-ready architecture with the high-volume connectivity needed to support dynamically changing virtualization pools. It supports cloud computing environments with an agile, high-performance, and rapidly scalable platform.
- VMware:VMware vSphere's private cloud solution contains features such as advanced resource pooling, automated resource allocation, role-based administration, and a zero-touch infrastructure for end users.
UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS gives customers the opportunity to take advantage of products in a tested configuration. This speeds deployment and reduces risk, all while providing the performance, resilience, and scalability needed to handle large, dense, and growing virtual machine workloads. Administrators can select options that meet current needs, and scale investments to align with business requirements.
This solution integrates vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) features on the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform with VMWare in the HDS array and pass-through switching using Cisco Virtual Machine Fabric Extender.
The UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS incorporates the following products.
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform
- Hitachi Storage Navigator Modular 2 (SNM2) software
- Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning (HDP) software
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco MDS 9000 Switches
- VMware vSphere 4.1
- VMware vCenter Server
UCP Select for VMware vSphere with Cisco UCS is a Cisco Validated Design
Cisco and Hitachi Data Systems Storage
Cisco storage solutions help businesses improve resiliency, respond to the demands of new applications, and control power consumption.
The Cisco MDS 9000 multiprotocol storage networking platform reduces ownership costs, and improves resilience and agility.
Eighty percent of Fortune 1000 companies run their businesses on Cisco infrastructure products. The data center is the fastest growing segment. Together, Cisco and HDS deliver end-to-end storage networking solutions.
- Cisco Storage Networking for Hitachi Data Systems (PDF 1.19 MB)
- Cisco Storage Networking for Hitachi Data Systems (PDF 2.31 MB)
- Cisco Storage Media Encryption (PDF 461 KB)
- Cisco MDS 9000 10-Gbps 8-Port Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) Module (PDF 521 KB)
- Cisco Data Center Network Manager for SAN (PDF 566 KB)
- March 23, 2013 - Hitachi Data Systems Sweeps Storage Magazine's 2013 Quality Awards
- March 6, 2013 - Hitachi Data Systems Named One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the Third Consecutive Year
- October 9, 2012 - New Converged Infrastructure Offerings from Hitachi Data Systems Give Customers Best-of-Breed Solutions for Mission-Critical Workloads