The Cisco MDS Fabric Switching ATP program recognizes partners for their knowledge and expertise in selling, planning, designing, installing/implementing, supporting, and optimizing a storage networking solution.
- Announcement Date: August 4, 2009
- Last day for new partners to be invited: August 4, 2009
- Retirement Date: August 4, 2009
- Program End Date: August 4, 2010
The ATP Program is an invitation-only program. To participate in the ATP Program, you must already possess relevant job, industry, and market credentials in the ATP technology. Before engaging with potential ATP partners, a Cisco sponsor or channel account manager (CAM) must proceed to the ATP Instruction Page for nomination, approval, and partner invitation instructions. You should take the following steps:
- Read the requirements for participation in the ATP Program.
- If identified as a participating partner/provider, complete the Cisco ATP application and review it with your CAM. If you meet all criteria, your CAM will submit a request for invitation to the ATP Theater Lead contact. Note: filling out an application does not guarantee an invitation.
- Once invited, download the audit checklist and use it to track completion of program requirements.
This is not an entry level program. Partners should be proficient in Fibre Channel SAN protocol and have expertise with storage subsystems. An IP background is not required; however, many MDS Fabric Switching ATP partners will already be a Cisco VAR partner. A typical targeted partner for this program is an established storage VAR and meets the following criteria:
- Major storage VAR with significant revenue from storage sales, switch/director sales, and professional services
- Able to design and implement consolidated SAN solutions using unique Cisco MDS features and functions like VSANs and security
New partners will be allowed to prospect leads and develop quotes for Cisco MDS Fabric Switching products and solutions during the qualification period, but will not be allowed to purchase Cisco MDS Fabric Switching products through non-OSM vendors and begin deployments until they have successfully met the defined requirements for this ATP program.
Restricted Product List (XLS- 1.5 MB)
The following links are helpful to achieve ATP qualification. They provide access to additional training and resources.
For more information, please contact your Cisco channel account manager.