Cisco is Retiring Borderless Networks Architecture Specializations
Announcement Date: April 1, 2014 · Retirement Date: July 1, 2014 · Program End Date: July 1, 2015
Advance Your Expertise
Expand opportunities and increase profitability with this specialization.
Become an Advanced Content Security Specialized Partner
The Cisco Advanced Content Security Specialization tests knowledge in selling, designing, installing, and supporting email and web security offerings.
Find requirements to transition to Advanced Content Security Specialization for Advanced Security and Advanced Borderless Network specialized partners.
The Cisco Advanced Content Security Specialization can help your company to:
- Sell, configure, and install Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)-based email, web security appliances, and host-based offerings Raise technical competency among your staff
- Achieve recognition as a specialized partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
This specialization also entitles you to a range of additional benefits. You can:
- Participate in Cisco channel incentive programs
- Receive invitations to Cisco partner events
- Access the Partner Education Connection
- Use My Cisco to personalize web content and get information quickly
- Visit the Design Zone for tested designs and configurations
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales
There are three required roles for the Express Collaboration Specialization: Account Manager (AM), Systems Engineer (SE), and Field Engineer (FE). One individual may fulfill both the AM and SE, or SE and FE role. No one individual may fulfill the AM and FE role.
The roles provide a targeted roadmap with training content and exams tailored to the types of jobs these individuals would perform in a company. This page provides information about training format, cost, and duration specifically for each role, as well as additional general training requirements. All costs are approximate and may vary by region.
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement:
13 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams cost are $80 each
Cisco Advanced Content Security Specialization Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Content Security Sales Specialist or Content Security Account Manager Representative
#646-580 ASAM Exam Details
Borderless Network Sales Specialist for Architecture or Enterprise Networks Architecture Account Manager Representative
#700-301 PSABNAAM Exam Details Exam $80 1 hr Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Selling Advanced Security for Account Managers v4.0 E-Learning $0 4 hrs Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE E-Learning $0 3 hrs How to Sell Cisco Web Security Solutions E-Learning $0 4 hrs Total Cost and Hours: $160 13 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the AM role in up to four technology specializations.
Presales engineers are responsible for security solution planning and design:
16 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams cost range from $80 to $200
Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Content Security Solutions Specialist or Content Security Systems Engineer Representative
#642-584 SSSE Exam Details
Borderless Network Architecture Design Specialist or Enterprise Networks Architecture Systems Engineer Representative
#700-303 PSABNAAM Exam Details Exam $80 1 hr Role-Sharing Guidelines: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced Security for Systems Engineers (SSSE) v4.0 E-Learning $0 6 hrs Smart Service Essentials for AM/SE E-Learning $0 3 hrs Cisco IronPort: Introduction to HTTP and HTTPS E-Learning $0 1 hrs How to Sell Web Security Solution E-Learning $0 4 hrs Total: $280 16 hrs Role Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the SE role in up to two technology specializations.
Postsales engineers are responsible for security solution implementation and operation:
33.5 hours of required and recommended training for this role.
Exams cost range from $65 to $1450
Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Content Security Field Specialist or Content Security Field Engineer Representative
#650-568 WSFE Exam Details
#650-153 ESFE Exam Details
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance (PASESA)
Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Solutions (PASWSA)
Note: Legacy IronPort partners can use both of the following
certificates to satisfy role requirements:
Cisco IrP Associate/Professional—Email (Legacy IronPort) and
Cisco IrP Associate/Professional—Web (Legacy IronPort)
Total: $3030 33.5 hrs Role-Sharing Guidelines:
One qualified individual may fill only the FE role in up to two technology specializations.
A consolidated list of specialization requirements offers a helpful overview.
* Partners are not required to take the training, but they must take the exam to be certified.
Your company must be a Cisco Registered Partner before you apply for specialization or certification. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the Become a Registered Partner page if you are new to the Cisco Channel Partner Program and have not registered.
- Verify that the certified individuals fulfilling job roles are allocated to your company with their CSCO testing number. Partner Administrators and internal Cisco employees (associated through the CAM Assignment tool) are able to verify this information using the Partner Self Service tool. (It takes five to ten business days on average for Cisco to receive the exam results data from its respective testing agencies.)
- Complete and submit the Specialization Application.
If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, please open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
To renew a specialization:
- Begin the recertification process 90 days before your anniversary date.
- Verify that you are in compliance with the current specialization requirements.
- Submit your application using the Certification and Specialization Application online web tool.
You must meet all requirements to submit your application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
If you fail to submit a recertification application within 10 days after your anniversary date, you will lose your specialization.
Note: If a partner does not remain in compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the specialization or certification at any time. Partners must notify Cisco of its non-compliance promptly, but in no event more than thirty (30) days after partner first becomes aware of its non-compliance. Upon receipt of such notice, partner may qualify for an extension of time in which to renew its compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements. Partner's failure to provide such notice may disqualify partner from receiving such an extension. If no extension is granted or if partner fails to comply with the certification or specialization requirements by the end of the extension period, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the applicable specialization or certification immediately. Additional information regarding non-compliance may be found in the Audit and Policies Document.