TAC - PPP
In this module, you will gain a fundamental understanding of IP routing. You will also do hands-on Interface and Configuration Labs. In addition, you will also learn basic Cisco IOS IP routing commands.
At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to:
- Understand local-area networks and data-link addressing.
- Describe the difference between a bridge and a router.
- Discuss the basic functionality of a routing table and how routers work.
- Understand network addressing.
- Identify IP addresses by class and calculate subnetting and subnet masks according to addressing needs.
- Discuss IP routing fundamentals.
- Understand other Internet protocols such as Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) and Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).
- Identify the differences between a routed and a routing protocol.
- Describe the two fundamental functions of a routing protocol: path determination and path switching.
- Define the term routing metrics and describe how routing metrics work.
- Define the term routing algorithms , describe how they work, and understand types of algorithms.
- Define routing loops and understand methods to use to avoid them.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain IP routing, using the appropriate Cisco IOS commands.
- Configure a default gateway.
- Configure a static default route.
- Configure IP unnumbered.
- Configure secondary IP addressing.