Have a plan for when your network is attacked?
The best plan is making sure you have the latest security training so it never happens.
Certifications for Success
Realize your full potential with Cisco certifications. Choose the right career path for you. Learn how to prepare for exams.
CCIE Collaboration Is Here
Realize your full potential; maximize knowledge of collaboration solutions.
Cisco Career Certifications
We offer five levels of network certification: Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert and Architect, the highest level of accreditation within the Cisco Career Certification program.
Not sure which certification to pursue? Explore the Career Guide.
|Both the CCENT and the CCT certifications serve as starting points for individuals interested in starting a career as a networking professional.||
|The Associate level of Cisco Certifications can begin directly with CCNA for network installation, operations and troubleshooting or CCDA for network design. Think of the Associate Level as the foundation level of networking certification.||
|The Professional level is an advanced level of certification that shows more expertise with networking skills. Each certification covers a different technology to meet the needs of varying job roles.||
|The Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification is accepted worldwide as the most prestigious networking certification in the industry.||
|Cisco Certified Architect is the highest level of accreditation achievable and recognizes the architectural expertise of network designers who can support the increasingly complex networks of global organizations and effectively translate business strategies into evolutionary technical strategies.||
The Specialist designation certifies the specific expertise of technical professionals, including those with Cisco Career Certifications at the associate, professional or expert levels. By earning specialist certifications, network professionals can enhance their core networking knowledge in technologies such as security, data center or video.
Many Specialist certifications align with the requirements of the Cisco Partner Specialization program.
Operating System Software
- Feb 13, 2014 - CCIE Voice
- Jul 1, 2013 - CCIE Storage Networking
- Jun 1, 2013 - Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Design Specialist
- Jun 1, 2013 - Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure Support Specialist
- Jun 1, 2013 - Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Design Specialist
- Jun 1, 2013 - Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Support Specialist
- May 15, 2013 - Cisco TelePresence Installations Specialist
- Oct 29, 2012 - CCIP Certification
- Apr 12, 2012 - Cisco Advanced Wireless LAN Design Specialist
- Apr 12, 2012 - Cisco Advanced Wireless LAN Field Specialist
- Nov 22, 2011 - CCSP Certification
- Feb 28, 2011 - Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Oct 31, 2009 - Cisco Data Center Storage Networking Sales Specialist
- Jan 18, 2009 - Cisco IOS Security Specialist
- Nov 17, 2008 - Cisco Firewall Specialist
- Nov 17, 2008 - Cisco Information Security Specialist
- Mar 31, 2008 - Cisco VPN Specialist
- Jul 30, 2007 - Cisco Advanced Security Field Specialist
- Apr 17, 2007 - Cisco IP Communications Support Specialist
- Feb 15, 2007 - Cisco Optical Specialist
- Nov 24, 2006 - Cisco Storage Networking Design Specialist
- Nov 24, 2006 - Cisco Storage Networking Support Specialist
- Aug 3, 2006 - Cisco Content Networking Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco Access Routing and LAN Switching Sales Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco Access Routing and LAN Switching Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco VPN/Security Sales Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco Wireless LAN Design Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco Wireless LAN Sales Specialist
- Jul 29, 2006 - Cisco Wireless LAN Support Specialist
- Jun 14, 2006 - Cisco IP Telephony Operations Specialist
- Dec 27, 2005 - Cisco IP Telephony Express Specialist
- Nov 19, 2005 - Cisco Network Management Specialist
- Nov 19, 2005 - Cisco Network Management Sales Specialist
- Oct 7, 2005 - Cisco Content Networking Sales Specialist
- Apr 22, 2005 - Cable Communications Sales Specialist
- Apr 22, 2005 - Cable Communications Specialist 1
- Dec 2, 2004 - Public Access Design Specialist
- Dec 2, 2004 - Public Access Support Specialist
- Jul 4, 2004 - Multiservice Switching Specialist
- Nov 10, 2003 - Cisco MxU Specialist
- Oct 31, 2003 - CCIP with electives
- Feb 28, 2003 - Cisco Security Specialist 1
- Feb 25, 2003 - Cisco Internet Solutions Specialist
- Feb 25, 2003 - February 25, 2003 - SNA/IP Design Specialist
- Feb 25, 2003 - SNA/IP Support Specialist
- Dec 31, 2001 - CCDP WAN Switching
- Dec 31, 2001 - CCNA WAN Switching
- Dec 31, 2001 - CCNP WAN Switching
- May 14, 2001 - CCDP Specializations
- May 14, 2001 - CCNP Specializations
- Jul 31, 2000 - CCNA 1.0
- Jul 31, 2000 - CCNP 1.0
How to Recertify
Recertification is an important indicator to IT professionals and their employers, ensuring that the certification holder has kept up with current trends in networking technology. Valid certifications may be renewed indefinitely, but without timely renewal, certifications expire or become inactive. To keep certifications current, individuals should recertify by advancing to the next level of certification or passing the designated recertification exam(s).
Recertification Renewal Timeframes
|Entry-level, Associate-level, and Professional level||3 years|
|All CCIE certifications||2 years|
|Specialist certifications||2 years|
|Cisco Certified Architect||5 years|
Renewal requires certification holders to register for and pass the appropriate Cisco recertification exam(s). In order to recertify, exam requirements must be met prior to the certification expiration date. Individuals with an expired certification(s) must repeat the entire certification exam process in order to regain their certification(s). Visit the Cisco Career Certifications Tracking System to check the status of your certification(s).
Please use the following links for detailed information on how to recertify a specific Cisco certification:
Certification Recertification Table
|Data Center||CCNA Data Center||CCNP Data Center||CCIE Data Center|
|Routing & Switching||CCENT||CCNA Routing and Switching||CCNP||CCIE Routing & Switching|
|Security||CCENT||CCNA Security||CCNP Security||CCIE Security|
|Service Provider||CCNA Service Provider||CCNP Service Provider||CCIE Service Provider|
|Service Provider Operations||CCENT||CCNA Service Provider Operations||CCNP Service Provider Operations||CCIE Service Provider Operations|
|Voice||CCENT||CCNA Voice||CCNP Voice|
|Wireless||CCENT||CCNA Wireless||CCNP Wireless||CCIE Wireless|
Cisco Specialist Recertification Table
Need help understanding or scheduling certifications? Search our online answers or submit a case.
Track your Progress
View your certification progress and exam history, request logos for your earned certifications, and more.Certification Tracking System
Need to Recertify?
Though all certifications need to be recertfied, each certification has specific recertification requirements.Learn about Recertification
Prepare with the Cisco Learning Network
The Cisco Learning Network has exclusive content and discussion boards for certification candidatesCisco Learning Network
Cisco Learning Network Store
Access valuable certification study tools, practice tests, and specialized learning material.Visit the Store
Preview the Agreement
Candidates are required to acknowledge several agreements as part of their participation in the Cisco certifications program.Learn More