As the CCIE program continues to grow and develop Learning@Cisco recognizes that the individuals certified within the program are also growing and developing. To recognize the long term members of this program a new level of involvement has been created — CCIE Emeritus.
Who is Emeritus for?
Long term CCIE's who have moved out of the "day to day" technical work but would like to stay involved in the program serving as ambassadors to current and future CCIE's
At the 10 year anniversary Cisco will send a letter informing the CCIE of potential eligibility for Emeritus. CCIE's desiring to join the Emeritus program must submit a completed application to the CCIE Emeritus team. Link to application will be provided in the letter.
Approval is subject to Cisco's sole discretion. Emeritus status is granted for one year from the date of approval. Candidates must re-apply each year to maintain status.
- At nine years and nine months emails are sent to eligible customers informing them that they are approaching their ten year anniversary and that they are eligible to apply for the Emeritus program.
- At nine years and nine months the Emeritus tab found in each CCIE profile will be activated and clickable.
- A confirmation email is sent when the application for Emeritus and payment processing has completed.
- The profile will not show Emeritus status until payment has cleared. If a CCIE applies for Emeritus before the ten year anniversary is achieved, he or she will show as active or recertified until the 10 year anniversary.
Note: ALL customers are encouraged to update the profile and provide the most current contact information. Failure to receive an informational email does not provide for a policy exception. It is up to each certified individual to ensure their profile has the most current information.
Note: Access into the CCIE profile requires a CSCO ID or a VUE ID, plus the date of their last exam and score. If a customer no longer has this information they can contact Pearson VUE for assistance.
Emeritus Application Requirement:
- Completed application
- 10 years current and active status as CCIE
- $85.00 annual fee (subject to change year to year)
- Summary of program participation (detailed in application)
- Permission to use Emeritus logo - subject to Cisco requirements
- In situations where logo is not applicable the word Emeritus will follow CCIE number
- CCIE number is maintained but now classified as Emeritus status
- Candidate is recognized for technical proficiency and long term status within the program
- Continue to participate in discussion forums, blogs, groups, etc... as an Emeritus
- Opportunity to re-enter active CCIE status for up to ten years by taking any current written CCIE exam
CCIE Emeritus is a non-active status. As such the following rules apply
- DOES NOT provide TAC support privileges or preference
- DOES NOT count towards Channel / Partner requirements
- DOES NOT apply towards maintaining status levels for Channel Partners
- DOES REQUIRE candidates to continue to report violations to the program when encountered
Note: As with the CCIE program itself The Learning@Cisco organization and Cisco reserves the right to terminate at any time without specific notice to the candidate. Individuals who are accepted as CCIE Emeritus must maintain all ethics and guidelines of the program.