CCNA Wireless Overview
Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCNA Wireless certification. (3:27 min)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless) validates associate-level knowledge and skills to configure, implement and support of wireless LANs, specifically those networks using Cisco equipment. With a CCNA Wireless certification, network professionals can support a basic wireless network on a Cisco WLAN in a SMB to enterprise network. The CCNA Wireless curriculum includes information and practice activities to prepare them for configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting basic tasks of a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise networks.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|640-722 IUWNE||Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)|
|NOTE: Updated ICND1, ICND2, and CCNA Composite exams can be applied towards the achievement of several Cisco associate-level certifications. Please visit the Associate-level Exam Logic Tool for more details.|
The following resources are suggested study materials:
- Help on Getting Started with your CCNA Wireless Studies
- Reading Advice for CCNA Wireless Studies
- Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCNA Wireless Syllabus
- CCNA Wireless Study Group
- CCNA Wireless Exam Topics
- CCNA Wireless Practice Questions
Get all your CCNA Wireless questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)
The goal of the course is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to help design, install, configure, monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in Enterprise installations.
» Learn More
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 640-722 Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Network Essential (IUWNE) exam is the exam associated with the CCNA Wireless certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of installing, configuring, operating, and troubleshooting small to medium-size WLANs. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Network Essential (IUWNE) course.
CCNA Wireless certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Wireless certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Wireless certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).