CCNA Data Center Overview
Learn more about the benefits and requirements associated with achieving a CCNA Data Center certification. (5:26 min)
For data center network administrators who want to save time and money on data center design, equipment installation, and maintenance, the Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA Data Center) certification is a job-role-focused training and certification program that allows you to maximize your investment in your education and increase the value of your data center network.
Because of our experience with our existing certification and education programs and leadership in providing data center solutions, Cisco can provide a comprehensive program to address the key areas of data center network design, implementation, and maintenance.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)|
|Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)|
|NOTE: Other data center certification exams can be applied towards the CCNP Data Center certification. Please visit the exam combination tool for more details.|
The following resources are suggested study materials:
- CCNA Data Center Training Videos
- How to Deploy a Nexus 1000v lab
- CCNA Data Center DCICN 640-911 Official Cert Guide
- CCNA Data Center DCICT 640-916 Official Cert Guide
A comprehensive list of study materials is also available.
Cisco Learning Network Resources
- CCNA Data Center Syllabus
- CCNA Data Center Study Group
- The Essentials of Cisco Data Center Certifications Webinar
- Unified Computing Systems e-Learning
Get all your CCNA Data Center questions answered.
Learning Partner Content
The best way to prepare for this certification is to take the Cisco-approved training:
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) helps prepares the learner for a CCNA Data Center exam certification. It covers the Cisco Data Center networking components and technologies.
» Learn More
Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)
Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) helps prepare the learner for a CCNA Data Center exam certification. It covers Data Center Cisco technologies, including Unified Computing/virtualization and Unified Fabric (Nexus product family and Storage Networking).
» Learn More
To earn this Cisco certification, you must pass the following exam(s):
The 640-911 DCICN Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking is one of the exams associated with the CCNA Datacenter Certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of networking concepts for the Data Center environment, based on Nexus-OS. You will learn fundamental information on how a Data center network works, how to configure virtualization in the network, addressing schemes, troubleshooting and configuration skills. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the course DCICN, Introducing Cisco Data center Networking.
- Learn more about the 640-911 DCICN exam
- 640-911 DCICN Exam Topics
- Register for the exam
- Read current exam policies and requirements
The 640-916 DCICT Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies is one of the exams associated with the CCNA Datacenter Certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of fundamental Data center technologies like network and server Virtualization, Storage, Convergent I/O and network services like load balancing.
CCNA Data Center certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification). For more information, access the How to Recertify page.