1. Where can I find a Cisco ad to wake up?
The first ad featuring the AR experience will appear in the Wall Street Journal on December 10, both in the U.S. and in global editions. Subsequently, ads will appear in the following outlets (subject to change):
Wall Street Journal - U.S. Edition: December 12, 2012; January 10, 2013
Economist: December 14, 2012; January 11, 2013
CIO Magazine: December 27, 2012 (December 15 - January 1 issue)
Fast Company: January 15, 2013 (February issue)
Wired: January 22, 2013 (February issue)
2. I have an AR app on my device already, will that work?
No.In order to experience AR on our advertising you must have the Cisco App. The app can be downloaded at www.cisco.com/app
See this link for devices supported (PDF - 550KB)
3. How do I make the AR experience start?
4. My ad doesn’t seem to be doing anything. What do I do now?
If you do not hear music or see the tiles begin to animate, try closing out of the app and restarting. Make sure you’ve chosen the correct ad format. Sometimes if the AR stops, you may reanimate by pulling your device back and making sure that the entire ad is visible within your screen.
If you are still having problems, visit our campaign landing page at www.cisco.com/tomorrowstartshere where you can find all of the same rich content and more.
5. I see images moving and hear music, is something else supposed to happen?
Yes! If you hover over individual tiles you should see them animate and a question will appear at the bottom of your screen (such as, “What happens when we wake up the world?”). When you see this, tap on the image to be taken to the next layer of content where you can watch videos, share, and download content.
6. Some of the ‘tiles’ don’t do anything. Is something broken?
No. Not all tiles have content behind them and this is by design. Tiles without content do not animate and are typically greyed out.
7. What is the content behind each of the tiles?
Various pieces of thought leadership and deeper information that defines or illustrates the Internet of Everything in action.
For additional content, visit our campaign landing page at: www.cisco.com/tomorrowstartshere
8. I don’t have an ad in front of me, is there some other way I can experience the AR?
Yes. You can also view or download the newspaper spread version of the ad from the campaign landing page: www.cisco.com/tomorrowstartshere
9. Is this Cisco technology?
No. While you experience the AR through the Cisco App, the actual AR technology is provided by a third party vendor.
10. Will there be other ways to experience AR in the future?
Yes! As we learn more about the technology and how our customers and partners are using it, we will explore additional ways to incorporate AR into more of our advertising and marketing materials.