The Strategy team's charter continues to evolve to support the role of Corporate Development and the Chief Strategy Officer responsibilities. To achieve this, the Strategy team:
- Drives the ongoing development and coordination of Cisco's corporate strategy.
- Develops an ongoing agenda of strategy issues and opportunities for Cisco to help define and implement actions that create competitive advantage and drive Cisco's long term growth.
- Partners with Cisco's senior leadership team, business unit, functional and theater leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies that drive opportunities in Cisco's businesses.
- Develops and disseminates thought leadership.
- Creates a center of excellence for strategic skill sets, tools and capabilities.