Cisco Employee Resource Organizations (EROs) are no longer small, informal groups of people with common interests, identities, and issues. Representing 16 percent of Cisco employees worldwide (June 2011), they are now partners that help build business results at Cisco.
These groups provide leadership and growth opportunities at Cisco. Through collaborative leadership, EROs:
- Participate in important company initiatives
- Help Cisco expand into new markets
- Exert influence
- Create meaningful messaging
- Build opportunities
EROs are just one example of how Cisco is becoming a dynamic, networked organization.
Cisco EROs bring their diverse expertise to facilitate product development, marketing, and advertising to an increasingly diverse consumer base. By identifying new ways to better support customers, EROs are a plentiful source for Cisco innovation, business engagement, and diverse perspectives.
Cisco Employee Resource Organizations
Following are the various EROs the Cisco supports.
- Cisco Asian Affinity Network: This group provides a forum and a professional network for Asian employees worldwide.
- Cisco Black Employee Network: This group creates an environment for African-American employees to facilitate business excellence, career growth, and community involvement.
- Connected Disabilities Awareness Network: Employees who have or have had a disability, or who know someone within the disabled community, are welcome here.
- Cisco Connected Women: Professional growth of female employees is facilitated by networking, mentoring, and career development resources. This group promotes both professional and engineering career paths among girls and women in the community.
- Connected Women Technology Network: This technology community is dedicated to providing career development, leadership opportunities, and personal development for women in technical roles within Cisco.
- Conexión: This group facilitates Latino professional development, community and educational outreach, networking, and advancement of Cisco business objectives.
- Early in Career Network (ECN): This ERO helps early-career new hires succeed at Cisco by facilitating leadership, professional relationships, and shared experiences.
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, & Advocates Network: Here, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) individuals are embraced as part of the Cisco family. This group values these individuals for their contributions to the company and to their local and global communities.
- Indians Connecting People: The Cisco Indian employee community is linked to facilitate professional development and networking, promote business growth, and give back to communities in need.
- Middle East Diversity and Inclusion Network: This group focuses on Middle Eastern employees who want to enhance their careers, support the community, and grow the business. This ERO works by facilitating business partnerships between Cisco and the community.
- Veterans Enablement & Troop Support: This group helps integrate the experience, values, and knowledge of active-duty servicemen and servicewomen, as well as veterans.