Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cariden
Cariden is a leader in network planning, design and traffic management solutions for carrier networks worldwide.
Cisco has completed the integration of Cariden. On August 30, 2013, MATE software (term license) became orderable on the Cisco Global Price List (GPL) and the perpetual licenses will become orderable on September 30, 2013.
The Cariden website (www.cariden.com) will be retired on October 15th and integrated into the Cisco Quantum portfolio. You can find the integrated products, services, and solutions within the Cisco Quantum suites and offers.
- Q: What has Cisco acquired?
- A: Cisco acquired Cariden, a privately-held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and a leader in network planning, design, and traffic management solutions for carrier networks worldwide. The Cariden team has extensive in-depth technical expertise and experience in network design and optimization and traffic engineering. It has strong history of successful product deployment in the service provider space.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose Cariden?
- A: Cisco acquired Cariden for its industry-standard network design and traffic engineering technology, which will be utilized to promote WAN orchestration for service providers. Additionally, Cariden's products are widely deployed on a majority of global, tier-1 service provider networks. These achievements further strengthen Cisco relationships with key customers.
- Q: Will I be able to buy the Cariden products I have been purchasing to date from Cisco?
- A: Yes, Cisco will continue to offer the Cariden MATE products, now called Cisco MATE.
- Q: When will Cariden products be available to order from Cisco?
- A: Customers will be able to order Cariden products from Cisco beginning August 30, 2013.
- Q: Do my contacts related to the purchasing of Cariden products and services change?
- A: No, your primary contacts for purchasing products and services will remain the same. Please continue to work with your product account manager, client services manager, or product service specialist.
- Q: What is the Cisco Technical Assistance Center?
- A: The Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) provides technical support for all Cisco products.
- Q: When do I start using Cisco TAC for Cariden products?
- A: Cariden customers will use Cisco TAC when service agreement contracts are migrated to the Cisco installed base. The Cariden service agreement migration will be complete by August 30, 2013 for perpetual software, and September 30, 2013 for term software. Following migration, customers will receive a welcome letter from Cisco Services providing new contract numbers, and information on how to access service and support from Cisco. Until service agreement migration, customers should continue to use the same process for support on installed Cariden products.
- Q: What if I have other questions?
- A: Please contact email@example.com
Cisco customers should contact their Cisco account representative for sales related questions.
Effective August 30, 2013, active Cariden perpetual software service agreements were migrated to Cisco Software Application Support Plus Upgrades (SASU) service agreements and integrated into our renewals management processes, as well as our support tools and processes.
Effective September 30, 2013, active Cariden subscription software service agreements were migrated to Cisco Software Subscription Support service agreements and integrated into our renewals management processes, as well as our support tools and processes.
For more information on the newly integrated services portfolio, and how to open a service support case, visit the Services and Support for Cariden Acquisition website.
Cisco is pleased to welcome Cariden partners to Cisco's partner community and award winning channel programs. Effective August 30, 2013, Cisco MATE solutions will be available on the Cisco price list and no longer orderable from Cariden. We have created resources to assist channel partners to make the transition to ordering from Cisco.
We value your business and have taken steps to make sure that you will be well supported during this transition. Please contact your Cisco account team for questions and additional information on the Cariden integration or send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, Cisco and Cariden further support Cisco's next generation network.