Cisco Completes Acquisition of Cariden
Cariden is a leader in network planning, design and traffic management solutions for carrier networks worldwide.
On December 17, 2012, Cisco announced it has completed the acquisition of privately held Cariden Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, a software company that provides design, planning and operational automation intelligence for complex networks. Cariden's widely deployed and industry leading capacity planning and management tools for IP/MPLS networks will be integrated into Cisco's Service Provider Networking Group (SPNG) to drive multilayer modeling and optimization of optical transport and IP/MPLS networks.
- Q: What is Cisco acquiring?
- A: Cisco is acquiring Cariden, a privately-held company headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA and a leader in network planning, design and traffic management solutions for carrier networks worldwide. The Cariden team has extensive in-depth technical expertise and experience in network design/optimization and traffic engineering, and a strong track record of successfully deploying products in the Service Provider space.
- Q: Why did Cisco choose Cariden?
- A: Cisco is acquiring Cariden for its industry standard network design and traffic engineering technology, which will be utilized to drive wide area networking orchestration for Service Providers. Additionally, Cariden's products are widely deployed on a majority of global-tier 1 service provider networks, further strengthening Cisco's relationships with key customers.
- Q: Where should Cariden customer go for information and support?
- A: At this time Cariden customers should continue to work with the Cariden team for their sales and service needs.
- Q: Where can a Cisco customer or partner go to learn more about this acquisition?
- A: Cisco customers can learn more about this acquisition from their Cisco sales representatives.
- Q: What can customers expect with regard to their previous Cariden software licenses and support contracts?
- A: Customers should continue to contact Cariden directly and Cisco looks forward to working on a smooth integration process.
- Q: Will Cisco continue to support the existing installed base of Cariden customer?
- A: Yes, Cisco will support the existing installed base of customers within the framework of their existing contracts. Excellent service and support is a priority at Cisco.
Together, Cisco and Cariden further support Cisco's next generation network.