Hosted Collaboration Overview
Find out what the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution can do for you.
Why Use Hosted Collaboration
A leading analyst shares the top 10 reasons to choose a hosted collaboration solution.
Roundtable on Cloud Collaboration
Learn the benefits and challenges of collaboration as a managed service. (58:59 min)
Get "no compromise" cloud collaboration service for your business with Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution. This solution extends the availability of the Cisco Collaboration portfolio and helps Cisco partners deliver exceptional service.
By building upon the Hosted Collaboration architecture and platform validated designs, Cisco partners can offer their own cloud and collaboration services that:
- Have per-user service models
- Continually improve
- Include a solution approach for services
- Deliver a collaboration experience to help promote your business priorities
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution is an effective way to use the power of the cloud and quickly deliver collaboration applications to your business. The Cisco partner ecosystem can provide the power of Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration using an "as-a-service" model.
Rapidly Deploy Applications Anywhere
With Hosted Collaboration, you can quickly capture the business value of Cisco industry-leading collaboration applications. You get rapid and full deployment across your business, regardless of geographic or operational diversity.
Get Service Without Compromise
This solution provides the entire Cisco collaboration suite with no cloud compromise. It delivers a people-centric collaboration experience anywhere, with any content, on any device. Hosted Collaboration uses a flexible, pay-as-you-go model that preserves precious capital for core business priorities, rather than supporting infrastructure.
In addition, the consolidated and centralized IT approach:
- Reduces operational overhead
- Allows for a greater focus on IT strategy and planning
- Offers other operational benefits from the economies of scale and expertise of Cisco partners
Hosted Collaboration is designed to remain current with the latest releases of the collaboration applications that this solution helps enable. You can rest assured that you will always have access to the most innovative collaboration tools on the market.
Get High Functionality and Security
This Cisco solution is built on a virtualized architecture. This architecture has been designed to support cloud-based and hybrid collaboration services with security and application functionality equal to that in on-premises solutions. The functionality and security of "collaboration in the cloud" are therefore not compromised.
Maintain Full Flexibility
Each Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution end customer is served through dedicated application instances. This feature helps ensure that customers have the full flexibility and functionality that they would have with an on-premises deployment.
Benefit from Collaboration Expertise
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution partners build and maintain cloud-based collaboration services on Cisco validated designs, with the flexibility to add their own services. Partners can therefore deliver their own and Cisco's greatest collaboration expertise, a formidable combination, tailored to suit your business needs.
Vodafone offers a cloud collaboration solution with mobility at the core.
Fujitsu offers comprehensive collaboration services and user experiences.
Cloud-based collaboration services help lower capital and operating expenses. (Flash - 2:24 min)
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution leads the market in cloud collaboration. This solution stands out from the crowd as an exceptional way to consume collaboration services from the cloud. Primary market differentiators include:
- End-to-end collaboration architecture
- Model based on operating expenses and flexible total cost of ownership
- Ability to capture business value quickly, anywhere
- Highly secure managed service on a virtualized architecture with full functionality
End-to-End Collaboration Architecture
This solution has an end-to-end collaboration architecture that delivers a people-centric user experience, anywhere, for any content, on any device. It works with any delivery model (cloud, on-premises, or hybrid).
Hosted Collaboration uses a model based on operating expenses and flexible total cost of ownership. This model helps your business preserve capital for core business priorities, rather than supporting infrastructure and its ongoing management.
Capturing Business Value Quickly
With Hosted Collaboration, you can capture business value quickly, through rapid and full deployment, regardless of geographic or operational diversity. You can achieve a compelling return on investment across your business.
Highly Secure and Functional Service
This solution offers a highly secure and managed "collaboration in the cloud" service. This service is delivered on a virtualized architecture that has been designed to support collaboration services without compromising:
- Application functionality
Dedicated customer application instances and an end-to-end validated management system, designed for cloud services, help ensure this delivery.
These features all add up to a market-leading collaboration solution. Cisco validated designs and partner flexibility to add services result in the collaboration expertise to suit your business needs.
Cisco HCS Products, Applications, and Solutions
The Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) extends the availability of the Cisco Collaboration Portfolio to customers, through our Partner Ecosystem.
The Cisco HCS is continually evolving with new applications and service options. The current range of Cisco Collaboration applications and services available within the HCS are listed below. Many more offerings are on the development roadmap and will be included in future releases.
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution Applications and Services
- Cisco Unified Communications (New and extended capabilities)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (formerly CallManager)
- Inclusion of the latest Cisco Unified Communications capabilities (Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2)
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Inclusion of the latest Cisco Unity Connection capabilities (Cisco Unity Connection 8.6)
- Cisco Unified Communications Endpoints
- Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Cisco Jabber for Mac
- Mobile Clients
- Support for Cisco video endpoints
- Cisco Unified IP Phones 9900 Series
- Cisco Unified IP Phone 8900 Series
- Cisco IP Video Phone E20
- Cisco TelePresence System EX Series
- Client Services Framework clients (Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator, Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator)
- Cisco Cius and Cius 4G
- Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Consoles
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (formerly CallManager)
- Collaboration Applications
The Cisco HCS offers flexible and scalable mobility solutions through the support of a broad range of Unified Communications and Collaboration applications and services. Additionally, through IMS integration capabilities, the HCS can enable mobile service providers to offer fixed-mobile convergence capabilities that extend business features to any mobile handset.
- Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution for Contact Center (New)
HCS Deployment Options
- Public Cloud HCS
- Cisco Collaboration Experience in the Cloud
- Private Cloud HCS for Large Enterprise (New)
- Private cloud option for customers to operate their own cloud
- Carrier-grade solution for enterprises with full enterprise management capability
- Customers can protect existing cloud and Unified Communications investments
- Hybrid HCS (Managed Service)
- Customer choice on applications and management: on-premises or in the cloud
- Options to run applications on-premises with hosted management
- Customers can protect existing Unified Communications investments and migrate to the cloud at their own pace
Log in to access tools and resources specifically designed for Channel Partners.Log In
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution
Collaboration Centered on Mobility
Collaboration and the Cloud: Harness Both to Accelerate Your Business
Collaboration in the Cloud: Providing Flexibility to Enhance Collaboration
The Top 10 Reasons to Consider Hosted Collaboration Solutions (PDF - 630 KB)
Find details about hardware devices, software applications, and specialized components that relate to your networking solution.