CiscoWorks Voice Manager (CVM) 2.2 is a Web-based voice management and reporting solution. The application provides enhanced capabilities to configure and provision voice ports, and to create and modify dial plans on voice-enabled Cisco routers for voice-over-IP (VoIP), voice-over-Frame Relay (VoFR), and voice-over-ATM (VoATM) network deployments.
- Network partitioning—This feature offers greater flexibility in managing complex networking environments.
- Distributed CiscoWorks Voice Manager—One network can be managed by multiple CiscoWorks Voice Manager servers. Users can see a unified view of their entire network from any CVM.
- Improved information reporting with polling and display of digital-signal-processor (DSP), CPU, and memory utilization
- Application access security—Access to tasks is controlled based on user roles.
- Directory gatekeeper support with enhanced gateway configuration capabilities
- Dial-peer configuration enhancements
- Support for Cisco® 5350, 5400, and 5800 universal access servers
- Configuration performance improvements—Multithreaded device configuration, upload, and download are provided using Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) (gatekeeper or Cisco IOS® version).
- Expanded platform support—Provides configuration and voice provisioning for the growing family of multiservice Cisco Systems® platforms, facilitating a single management point for voice networks
- Easy to use—Facilitates provisioning of voice services (for example, dial-plan deployment) with an improved GUI, and efficiently deploys dial plans for multiple voice protocols
- Expanded reporting capability—Offers a wide selection of report types that can be tailored to a user's needs; optional upgrades provide more report templates, custom report writing, and capabilities to import call data from additional data sources
- Complete solution—Provides a single solution framework for network managers through the integration into the CiscoWorks family
- Cost-effective—Provides an inexpensive means to support rapid voice network deployment, considerably reducing the time spent in provisioning services; and customer selectable reports allow the end user to decide the type of information desired and the frequency and form of delivery, reducing operational support costs
- Scalable architecture—Allows for rapid network expansion and for timely and efficient reconfiguration of the voice network to suit the enterprise needs
- Integration with CiscoWorks—Manage a wide variety of router and switch functions through the CVM integration with CiscoWorks, which provides a common platform for running different applications.
- Multiple platform support—The following platforms are supported: Cisco 1700, 2600, and 3600 series, Cisco MC3810 Multiservice Access Concentrator, Cisco AS5300, AS5350, AS5400, and AS5800 series universal access servers, and Cisco 7200 and 7500 series routers.
- GUI-based management of voice ports and dial-plan generation and management—Create and manage local dial plans and VoIP, VoFR, and VoATM network dial plans.
CiscoWorks products are covered by the Cisco Software Application Service (SAS) program. This service program offers customers contract-based 7 x 24 access to the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC), full Cisco.com privileges, and software maintenance updates. A Cisco SAS contract ensures that customers have easy access to the information and services needed to stay up-to-date with newly supported device packages, patches, and minor updates. For further information about service and support offerings, contact your local sales office.
The CiscoWorks Voice Manager includes all the necessary components needed for an independent installation on a Microsoft Windows or Sun Solaris Workstation or Server. The products within this solution can be combined with other CiscoWorks products if they support the same CiscoWorks Management Server version, operating environment, and system requirements. Contact your local Cisco representative for available white papers and documentation outlining best practices for implementing a CiscoWorks management solution architecture.
For more information about the CiscoWorks Voice Manager, visit http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2432/ index.html.