Document ID: 116517
Updated: Sep 23, 2013
Contributed by Scott Hills and Deliana Dalton, Cisco TAC Engineers.
This document describes a problem encountered when you set up Cisco Jabber for Windows in order to access Voicemail messages, and offers a solution to the problem.
There are no specific requirements for this document.
The information in this document is based on these software and hardware versions:
- Cisco Call Manager (CCM) Version 9.1.1
- Cisco Unity Connection (UC) Version 9.x
- Cisco Unified Presence (CUP) Version 9.1.1
- Cisco Jabber for Windows Version 9.2.x
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
At times, you might have Jabber set up for users to enter their UC credentials. In order to manually enter credentials on Jabber, navigate to File > Options > Phone accounts > Voicemail. Once you populate the Username and Password fields and click Apply, a spinning circle displays, and you never receive a success or failure message.
If the authentication message in Jabber for Windows continues to spin endlessly, open UC and complete these steps:
- Navigate to Users > <select the user who wants to log into Jabber> > Edit > Password Settings.
- From the drop-down menu under heading Choose Password, change the selection from Voicemail to Web Application.
- Uncheck the User Must Change at Next Sign-in setting.
- Once you have unchecked the setting, exit Jabber.
- Return to the sign in page, and complete the process again. This time, authentication should work.
The Cisco Support Community is a forum for you to ask and answer questions, share suggestions, and collaborate with your peers.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on conventions used in this document.