Find out how Service Providers can manage their core, mobile, wireless and cable networks more effectively
Cisco Prime for IP Next Generation Networks
Cisco Prime for IP Next Generation Networks (IP NGN) simplifies the management of Carrier Ethernet, Unified MPLS and converged packet-optical transport networks through integrated and automated execution of lifecycle tasks, including service design, fulfillment, assurance and analysis . It is a comprehensive solution providing end to end management, spanning the access, aggregation and core networks.
Cisco Prime for IP NGN includes the following:
Cisco Prime Central provides centralized access to all components of the Cisco Prime for IP NGN suite, with single view of integrated operator workflows, common inventory and event/alarm management, and standard interfaces for easy OSS integration.
Cisco Prime Provisioning accelerates service deployments by providing automated resource management and rapid, profile-based provisioning.
Cisco Prime Performance Manager gathers performance statistics for Cisco and multivendor network devices, providing actionable information for the entire network.
Cisco Prime Optical provides scalable configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of converged IP and optical transport networks.
Cisco Prime Network offers comprehensive service assurance and device management for the packet/IP domain with advanced capabilities including virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, topology-driven troubleshooting, alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Prime for IP NGN provides the following features and benefits:
- Accelerated service deployment: Significantly reduce the time to deploy services through automated network configuration and point-and-click provisioning.
- Lower capital expenditure (CapEx): Maximize the value of the existing investment in network infrastructure through efficient utilization of network resources and assets.
- Reduce operating expenses (OpEx): Lower operating costs through a central point of access that enables efficient execution design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis tasks.
- Improve quality of service (QoS): Enhance customer experience and meet stringent service-level agreements (SLAs) through rapid fault isolation and repair of network issues.
- Increase operational efficiency: Promote consistencies in management of services through seamless integration between domain managers and service lifecycle management applications.
Specifications at a Glance
- Automatic discovery and granular network visibility
- Intelligent fulfillment supporting TDM, DWDM, Carrrier Ethernet, MPLS, and MPLS-TP deployments
- Change and configuration management
- Automated service assurance
- Cisco Prime for IP NGN Training (PDF - 110 KB)
Learn about the variety of VoD training modules available through Cisco Technical Education (CTE).
Cisco Prime for IP NGN Use Cases
- Cisco Prime for Managing Carrier Ethernet At-A-Glance (PDF - 411 KB)
- Cisco Prime for Managing the ASR9000 Series Routers (PDF - 734 KB)
- Analysys Mason White Paper: Potential Business Benefits of Cisco Prime (PDF - 734 KB)
Cisco Prime helps Communications Service Providers address cost, service quality and revenue requirements.