Manage Inventory Flexibly and Effectively
Cisco Prime Service Inventory provides highly flexible inventory management capability, proven with virtually all of the world's leading vendors of network equipment and adaptable to changing and converging network technologies.
Cisco Prime Service Inventory offers a consolidated inventory of broadband and next-generation networks, maintaining a concurrent view of the physical, logical, and service inventory required to deliver customer services. It allows network equipment, routing, and capacity information to be easily recorded, calculated, and monitored, supporting the analytical and operational tasks required to maintain optimal network capacity and service quality.
Cisco Prime Service Inventory provides:
- Quick and easy resource definition, minimizing training and maintenance costs
- Clear and intuitive visualization of network equipment and routing topologies, and rapid analysis of fault impacts to offer faster customer response
- Integration of service, broadband, next-generation, and transmission networks inventory
- Cost-effective optimization of physical and logical resource management
- Synchronization of network configurations and offline resource databases, which reduces waste and increases return on investment in fixed assets
Figure 1 Prime Service Inventory : Object Modeling
Feature and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Service Inventory provides the ability to:
- Represent, model, and manage any useable object, from a physical piece of equipment to a logical entity or action
- Define tasks associated with resources, including how resources are to be retrieved, and what actions are to be executed in respect of those resources
- Apply business rules to objects, which allows knowledge associated with them to be published to and shared with other business processes
- View multiple hierarchical and topological representations of object classes, their ancestors, children, and other linked objects
With Cisco Prime Service Inventory, you can check the utilization levels of all network inventory objects required to complete the end-to-end delivery of service. You can also recover 'stranded' assets that inventory records indicate are in use but are not actually linked to any customer or service.
About Cisco Prime
The Cisco Prime portfolio of enterprise and service provider management offerings empowers IT organizations to more effectively manage their networks and the services they deliver. Built on a service-centered foundation, the Cisco Prime portfolio of products supports integrated lifecycle management through an intuitive workflow-oriented user experience. The portfolio of Cisco Prime solutions for service providers provides end-to-end management for next-generation IP networks, mobility, video, and managed services.