Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Delivery of Security
Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS) delivers exceptional web security and control for organizations of all sizes, with multiple deployment options and tight integration into your Cisco data center, network, or branch office.
Features and Capabilities
Web security threats have become more sophisticated, targeted, and harder to avoid. Yet the use of personal devices and cloud-delivered services limit your visibility and control. With Cisco Cloud Web Security, customers gain a highly distributed security perimeter that can enable new applications. CWS also protects against advanced persistent threats (APTs), and supports granular policy control, all delivered as a software service.
Move to an operating expenses (OpEx) model that lowers complexity for IT, while getting more out of your existing Cisco investment:
- Reduce costs by 30 to 40 percent, compared with on-premises products, with best-in-class malware defense
- Get built-in connector capability for WSA appliances, ASA firewalls, ISR G2 routers, and Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility clients
- Lower OpEx by letting Cisco manage the back-end infrastructure, with instant access to the latest threat and application intelligence
Scale Your Solution with High Availability
Don't worry about adding another box for your web security challenges:
- Achieve 99.999 percent uptime
- Right-size your web security investment with per-user subscriptions that scale as your business grows
- Support a distributed enterprise across headquarters, branch offices, and roaming devices with unified policy enforcement, management, and reporting
Defend Against Advanced Persistent Threats
Get near-real-time web protection, plus granular application visibility and control.
- Zero-day defense through advanced heuristics engines, signatures, and other anti-malware technologies in a single cloud-delivered service
- Analysis of more than 100 TB of security intelligence and 13 billion web requests per day to detect and mitigate the latest advanced threats
- Granular visibility and control of more than 150,000 applications and micro-applications
Connect to the Cloud with Flexibility
Easily authenticate and redirect traffic to the Cisco Security Cloud with flexible network connectors. Cisco Security Cloud delivers a simple web security solution that does not require any additional hardware.
Simplify deployment on existing Cisco infrastructure. Customers get:
- Cisco ISR G2 Router with CWS Connector – Saves bandwidth, money, and resources by redirecting traffic from branch offices directly to the cloud
- Cisco ASA Firewall with CWS Connector – Integrates with the Cisco ASA Software Release 9.0 to provide security at firewall performance without adding data center or network complexity
- Cisco Web Security Appliance with CWS Connector – Takes full advantage of content processing in the cloud with centralized management and policy enforcement
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client – Safeguards web-based transactions on roaming mobile devices to enforce distributed security policy anywhere your users go
Partner with a Security Leader
Cisco is named a Secure Web Gateways Magic Quadrant Leader in Gartner's 2013 report.Read Report
Embrace Social Media Securely
Advance granular content controls for safe social media use within your enterprise.Read White Paper