Lower Costs with Efficient Interconnects
The Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnects expand the Unified Computing System (UCS) networking portfolio and offer higher capacity, higher port density, and lower power consumption.
Cisco UCS 6200 Fabric Interconnects promote flexible, scalable convergence. (3:48 min)
These interconnects provide the management and communication backbone for the Cisco UCS B-Series Blades and Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis and Cisco UCS C-Series Racks and Nexus 2232PP Fabric Extenders.
All chassis and all blades that are attached to interconnects are part of a single, highly available management domain. By supporting Unified Fabric, the Cisco UCS 6200 Series provides the flexibility to support LAN and SAN connectivity for all blades within its domain right at configuration time.
Typically deployed in redundant pairs, the Cisco UCS 6200 Series provides uniform access to both networks and storage - facilitating a fully virtualized environment
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
The Cisco UCS 6200 Series Fabric Interconnect offers several key features and benefits that lower the total cost of ownership (TCO), including:
- Additional bandwidth up to 1920 Gbps, increased port density up to 96 ports in two rack units (2 RU)
- Reduced port-to-port latency from 3.2 microseconds (ms) to 2 ms
- High-performance, flexible unified ports capable of line-rate, low-latency, lossless 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and 4/2/1 and 8/4/2 Fibre Channel
- Centralized, unified management with Cisco UCS Manager software
- Efficient cooling and serviceability including front-to-back cooling, redundant front-plug fans and power supplies, and rear cabling
- Fibre Channel and 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity with expansion module options
Highly Scalable Architecture
The Cisco Fabric Extender Technology (FEX Technology) scales up to 20 chassis in a single unified system without additional complexity, eliminating dedicated chassis management and blade switches, and reducing cabling.
VM-FEX technology helps enable a consistent operational model and visibility between physical and virtual environments; it simplifies enforcement of security and network policy when moving virtual machines across hosts.
Note: Please contact your Cisco representative for new product orderability and first customer shipment (FCS) timelines.