Deliver More Services with Greater Flexibility
Cisco Carrier Packet (CPT) Models Video Data Sheet
Video Data Sheet
Learn how the unique satellite architecture enables packet transport networks. (3:38 min)
Get the Flash Player
The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) 50 unifies both packet and transport technologies in one compact, highly scalable platform. It supports TDM and Ethernet services, so service providers can flexibly deliver business, residential, video, data center, and mobile backhaul services.
This platform supports standards-based Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) technology and smoothly interoperates with established IP MPLS networks.
The Cisco Carrier Packet Transport (CPT) 50 offers:
- A unique satellite architecture that supports physical topologies for flexible co-located and remote deployments
- Operational simplicity and a single point of management and policy enforcement
- Transport-class network timing options for network-synchronized services such as TDM and mobile backhaul
- Compact form factor that significantly reduces power and space requirements, and support for I-TEMP temperature rating
- Exceptional port density: 1 RU with 44 SFP-based Ethernet (10/100/1000) ports and 4 SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
The Foundation for Next-Generation Transport Networks (PDF - 2 MB)
Read this brochure to learn how to retain your trust of transport, gain outstanding cost savings, and improve business agility.