Migrate Business Applications to the Cloud
Cisco Virtual WAAS Video Data Sheet
Video Data Sheet
Learn more about the Cisco Virtual WAAS. (5:52 min)
Get the Flash Player
Cisco Virtual WAAS (vWAAS) is the first cloud-ready WAN optimization solution that accelerates applications delivered from private and virtual private cloud infrastructure, using policy-based on-demand orchestration.
Cisco vWAAS can be:
- Virtualized on the industry-leading VMware ESX and ESXi hypervisor
- Deployed on Cisco Unified Computing System x86 servers in an on-demand, elastic, and multitenant manner
- Integrated with Cisco Nexus 1000V, which optimizes application delivery in a virtual machine environment through Cisco vPath architecture services.
Cisco vWAAS Benefits
Cisco vWAAS is designed for both enterprises and service providers to offer private and virtual private cloud-based application delivery service over the WAN. vWAAS provides:
- On-demand orchestration of WAN optimization
- Fault tolerance with virtual machine (VM) mobility awareness
- Lower operating expenses for customers who are migrating their applications to the cloud
Cisco vWAAS Advantages
Cisco vWAAS is a WAN optimization service that gets deployed in an application-specific, virtualization-aware, and on-demand manner. This solution:
- Uses policy-based configuration in the Cisco Nexus 1000V to associate with server VMs as they are instantiated or moved
- Helps enable cloud providers to offer rapid creation of WAN optimization services in cloud-based environments
- Supports transparent deployment at the network edge using WCCP providing deployment flexibility and feature consistency
Toyota TAI Accelerates Cloud Applications
Manufacturing services firm deploys Cisco vWAAS to enhance application performance. (PDF - 368 KB)
Cisco vWAAS for Private Clouds Business Overview
Learn how Cisco vWAAS can help you migrate applications to cloud-based environments with optimal application performance.
vWAAS for Private Clouds Technical Overview
Gain technical insights into the deployment and application performance advantages of Cisco vWAAS for cloud-based environments.
Introducing Cisco Virtual WAAS
Learn how Cisco's new virtualized WAAS can boost application performance, optimize WAN, and follow virtual machines through the data center. (3:36 min)
Ask Questions, Get Answers
Visit Cisco Community Central, and join the conversation about Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switches.